We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jodphur

Pacific Palisades
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jodphur

Our trip will include Agra, Ranthambore, Jaipur and Udaipur. We intended to visit Jodphur for 2 nights, flying from Jaipur to avoid the 6 hour drive or 5 plus hour train ride. We just learned the flight will not be operating in October. So, the question: is it worth it to make the long drive to Jodphur (and then Udaipur) considering the other cities we will be seeing in Rajasthan? OR should we spend an extra night in Jaipur and Udaipur and fly directly to Udaipur which is our last city in India before we fly to Nepal via Delhi. Many thanks.

Edited: 06 September 2011, 16:16
Jaipur, Rajasthan
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jodphur

Jodhpur offers that dry and rough feel to Rajasthan. Jodhpur's Meherangarh fort is one of the best fort in the world. You can also experience a bit of desert at Osian.

If you intend to visit India again shortly then you may skip Jodhpur else I would strongly recommend you to include it in your itinerary. And Jaipur-Jodhpur by road and train is very comfortable.

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jodphur

as per pathfynder , jodhpur fort is one of the best in the world n heritage walk near clock tower best one ,

jodhpur to udaipur en route u will visit ranakpur temple best

it think you wll come to jodhpur

thank Nimbera

sydney
Level Contributor
386 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jodphur

Hi Traveler,

Have to agree with Pathyfinder and Nimbera, Jodhpur is most definitely worth the time, even if it means hours by road or rail. When I am asked about which were my favourite places after 4 weeks in Rajasthan, Jodhpur is in my top 3. The fort is great, as is the city itself. There is such a nice feel when walking around the streets and markets, and there is the opportunity to visit the Bishnoi people in the surrounding area. I found travelling between different locations by car another fascinating aspect of my trip rather than a waste of time.

Whatever you decide, I am sure that you will enjoy Rajasthan; it is an amazing state.

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jodphur

ya sorry ,jukabl i m forget to mention jeep safari in countryside area near by jodhpur , in that u explore life of villager, who they live ,what they etc .

Pacific Palisades
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jodphur

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We were a tad concerned about the 6 hour drive from Jaipur since our flight is now not operating in late October. You have now set us straight. Much appreciated.

Pacific Palisades
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jodphur

Thank you Nimbera. Every bit of information helps - as much as we read, information from people who live in India is so valuable.

Pacific Palisades
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jodphur

This is our big trip, so it now sounds from your post and others that Jodphur will definitely be included, even though it is a long drive from Jaipur. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

8. Re: Jodphur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 18:16