We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert safari prices

Which Jodhpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Desert safari prices

I am trying to book a desert safari through HACRA. Reaching Osyian around day1 evening and departing from there the following afternoon. The price quote is Rs.3600 per person. It includes one double bed tent and one extra bed, since we are 3 ppl.

Am I being overcharged?

I ve read on TA that the bed and the food are very basic. My mother is asthmatic so I am concerned. Will it be very cold in 3rd week of Oct? Do we need to carry extra sleeping bags?

I am keen on having a desert and camel experience but at the same time do not want to do it at the cost of our health.

Please advice.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desert safari prices

In my opinion such experiences are not very much appreciated by Indians (unless they are used to adventure travel and roughing it out). Specially if you are travelling with children, you should definitely avoid an overnight safari.

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert safari prices

i am totally agree with mr njai ji if you are with children than avoid overnight safari

thanks

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert safari prices

Had you considered that the camel's hair might affect your mum's asthma?

Salawas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desert safari prices

we are agree from Nimbera ji and npjai ji if you are travelling with children, you should definitely avoid an overnight safari.

Pukhraj durry udhyog

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Desert safari prices

Price seems to be quite high. You will find plenty organisers in Jodhpur.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desert safari prices

We r just 3 adults. No children. So is it better to just go in the afternoon and return back to jodhpur by night?? How much can I expect to pay for such a trip??

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Desert safari prices

if you are going to jailsamer than i think it no need to go osian it same like that , thr you visit oisan jain temple and mata ji temple after camel ride and dinner with folk song and back to jodhpur.

so i think if you are coming from jaisalmer than skip it and add village safari in your itinerary by jeep ( it toke 3hrs to 4hrs) and only do in evening or morning

In it you explore the village with deer and this day it good because v have lot of rain from last 20 year

thanks & regards

Nmbera

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desert safari prices

if u r keen to have desert and camel then better you do in jaisalmer and u do the sun set trip . If you wish to see dance then do with dinner trip .

And if you Wana sleep then do the swiss tent safari ,you will have all (camel ride, dance , dinner ,sleep in swiss tent , ) for 7000rs to 10000rs for good acomedetion . Don't worry for cold ask for extra blankets .

Have nice trip,

Dev

9. Re: Desert safari prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 15:17