We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sufi music festival jodhpur

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
sufi music festival jodhpur

I am hoping to visit the festival in february 2013. Could someone tell me if it is an all day event or just in the evenings and is it easy to get tickets by turning up before the performance?

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

its evening event it will good if book in advance because many people visit this event .

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

Thank you very much Nimbera. Do you know where I should buy tickets? Also do you know where to find a good driver with a solid car that will get me from Jodhpur to Nagaur and how long it will take on those roads please?

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

Hi,

There are many travel as TA Member contact one of them for car and it take hardly 02 - 03 hrs drive from jodhpur to Nagaur .

For ticket contact mehran garh fort 0291 - 2548790

formore detail visit http://worldsufispiritfestival.org

thanks nimbera

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

Hi Icannotremember,

The festival in held at two venues, Jodphur and Nagaur. I am planning on attending and have geared my travel dates to coincide with both . So far there are no details regarding this years schedule or ticket prices, but they say it is coming soon. If you check the link Nimbera gave you, you will see that it is an all day event (three days) starting in the am and continuing to around midnight. There are a few different types of tickets available. It does state that in Jodphur tickets will be available at the fort the days of the festival. Regarding Nagaur, I was unable to get any helpful information, even when I had someone go there to inquire. In addition, my emails have been ignored.

I am truly looking forward to this festival and hope that we both get the chance to experience it.

Good luck

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

Thank you so much cgw1

This is very helpful....I guess that we will have to trust to a certain extent that there will indeed be tickets available! I am bogged down in planning an itinerary at present because I want to do several different things and also have to be back for something on the 26th...sometimes I wonder if it is worth all the worry...I have plenty of Nusrat CD's! etc. Have you visited Nizzamuddin shrine in Delhi on a thursday evening? They always play qawaali music then and it is quite an experience.

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

Icanotremember, I have not been to Nizzzamuddin before as this is my first trip to India, but I hope to go there for sure.

I feel quite confident there will be tickets at the Jodphur venue, but not so sure about Nagaur. If you have to be back in London for the 26th, you will need to go to the Jodphur one (Feb.22-24). I do not know which one I will get to, as long as I do.

I think I have my itinerary worked out, albeit not hotels. It is the visa issue that is yet to come.

There is a tremendous amount of planning for an India trip. I have never ever planned even a quarter of what I have done this time. I am banking on, "the end justifies the means".

It is nice to hear from you because there doesn't seem to be anyone else on TA, or that I know, who is at all interested in this festival.

Cheers

Edited: 08 November 2012, 21:10
London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

did you go? How was it? I am booked for Nagaur next year. We just went to the RIFF in Jodhpur Fort and it was absolutely mind blowing

Toronto
Level Contributor
315 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

Hi again,

Yes I went to the Sufi Festival in Jodhpur. There was absolutely no problem buying tickets at the fort that day. It was a wonderful experience that will give me many many years of magical memories.

The Nagaur venue was not possible because one could only buy the (expensive for me) packages which included lodging, meals etc. I am sure you will be absolutely delighted with the Nagaur venue. Lucky you. Enjoy!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Arun

10. Re: sufi music festival jodhpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:17