We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jodhpur or Khatmandu?

Ostuni, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jodhpur or Khatmandu?

Travelling to Northern India in January with my husband, money not a problem but time is! We can only take 2 and a half weeks, so have looked at various bespoke trips. Now the problem is which one to use! Have to go to Calcutta for personal reasons and so have the chance to go to Khatmandu for 2 nights, or Jodhpur. Visiting Agra, Delhi, Varanasi, Udaipur, Jaipur and tiger parks. Wanted to compare the pink city with the blue city -until Nepal was mentioned. Now I'm stuck. Advice please.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jodhpur or Khatmandu?

jodhpur is fantastic city

The colours and culture of jodhpur is well known.

You are visiting parts of India and Rajasthan - fort & palace. suggest you to see different - fly kathmandu - different than Rajasthan.

Yogendra

Edited: 07 November 2012, 17:46
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jodhpur or Khatmandu?

Dear Ostuni,

Warm Greetings From Inside India !!

Jodhpur and Kathmandu both are beautiful and good place. But traveling Kathmandu will be hectic for you so i suggest you to travel Jodhpur. I am giving you two itineraries below.

Arrival Delhi and 01 Day to 06 Days In Kolkata.

Itinerary 01)

Day 7) Kolkata to Delhi by flight stay Delhi

Day 8) Delhi to Agra

Day 9) Agra to Ranthambhore(Tiger Park)

Day 10) Ranthambhore to Jaipur

Day 11) Jaipur

Day 12) Jaipur to Jodhpur

Day 13) Jodhpur to Udaipur

Day 14) Udaipur

Day 15) Udaipur to Varansi by flight

Day 16) Varansi

Day 17) Varansi to Delhi by Flight

Day 18) Delhi drop.

Itinerary 02)

Day 7) Kolkata to Delhi by flight stay Delhi

Day 8) Delhi to Agra

Day 9) Agra to Ranthambhore(Tiger Park)

Day 10) Ranthambhore to Jaipur

Day 11) Jaipur

Day 12) Jaipur to Udaipur

Day 13) Udaipur

Day 14) Udaipur to Varansi by flight

Day 15) Varansi

Day 16) Varansi to Kathmandui by Flight

Day 17) Kathmandu

Day 18) Kathmandu to Delhi by Flight

Day 19) Delhi drop

Rest is depend on you. I hope this will helpful for you.

A Kiss..

Inside India !!

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jodhpur or Khatmandu?

I will suggest you visit jodhpur because jodhpur is know as gatway of thar desert and if you come rajasthan and not see desert

So will suggest you jodhpur 01 night in jodhpur and 01night in Manvar resort thr enjoy camel ride and dinner in desert

thanks nimbera

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,884 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jodhpur or Khatmandu?

Jodhpur & Kathmandu both have their own charm. There is no compression in between Kathmandu and Jodhpur. If you are planning to go Kathmandu for just 02 days , I do not suggest you to go Kathmandu. You should be aware about following :

For Kathmandu visit , you need multiple VISA as well as permission to Return India withing 60 days time.

Flight journey would be quite costly if you plan to go Kathmandu from Varanasi. There is also flight from Kolkata to Kathamnadu.

If planning for Nepal , at least plan for 05 days.

The suggested plan : Delhi - Udaipur - Jodhpur-Jaipur- Agra - Delhi- Kathmandu-Pokhra- Kathmandu- Kolkata- Varanasi - Delhi

18 days would be enough time to visit all places.

Hari Mangal

Ostuni, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jodhpur or Khatmandu?

Thanks to all who have replied to me. My husband has taken the matter out of my hands and booked somewhere else but it will be a surprise as he won't tell me! Will HAVE to go again, as I desperately want to see both, and Amritsar and ..... and...... Thanks again

6. Re: Jodhpur or Khatmandu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Jodhpur
Recent Conversations