We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need good tour guide

Which Jodhpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
376 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Need good tour guide

I am looking for recommendation for good tour guides for Jodhpur.

I know one can get good guides from RTDC office but please reply if you know any tour guides that you might have used or have any good experience with.

Thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,843 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need good tour guide

The audio guide in Meherangarh Fort, Jodhpur are quite convenient and more authentic.

Edited: 28 January 2013, 07:51
Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need good tour guide

are you looking for English or hindi guide

how much you are interested in history,accordingly i will suggest some names that y can book through rtdc as they have numbers of all tourist guides

Edited: 28 January 2013, 12:38
3. Re: Need good tour guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 14:35
4. Re: Need good tour guide

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 14:35
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
693 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need good tour guide

Hi Udit

Ask your hotel or tour operator to book a licensed guide. RTDC can also book the guides for you but they are independent free lancers and can work for anyone

Have a great trip!

-Manjari

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need good tour guide

I agree with Ashis, in Meherangarh Fort, Jodhpur the audio guide is perfect and explain all the things.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need good tour guide

Hi

Audio Guide Is The Best Option For Your

Regards

Discovery Prime Tours

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Need good tour guide

But thr very big diffrence bet audio guide and manual guide so I will suggest you to hire manual guide becasue only from him you may ask question about city , audio guide only in fort rest monument you need manual guide .

So choice is your , maunal guide also let you know the local story

9. Re: Need good tour guide

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 05:16