We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12/28 - 12/31 trip report

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
159 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
12/28 - 12/31 trip report

We had a wonderful time at Angel Fire with the exception of the lift lines and crowd (we heard it was the most crowded AF has EVER been). AF had great snow and the runs are wide and fun. My kids (7 and 4) did 2 days of ski school and enjoyed themselves AND obviously improved their skills. The 'lodge' is smaller than other resorts I've visited - with many people milling around at noon to find a place to sit and eat. We rented a house through resort properties and it was a great house. I'd rather stay in a ski in-ski out location but the house was perfect. The steep driveway was not groomed when we arrived but the truck was there shortly after a call to the mgmnt office. I would visit Angel Fire again but maybe go the week before Christmas to avoid the after Christmas crowds. It's an easy 9 hr drive from D/FW. We didn't visit any shops or restaurants...just skiing and hanging out at our house.

Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Monuments & Statues, History Museums
Angel Fire Resort
Ski & Snowboard Areas, Biking Trails
Turquoise Trout
Other Outdoor Activities
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12/28 - 12/31 trip report

Thank you for coming to New Mexico. So many think the snow ends in Colorado! LOL!

2. Re: 12/28 - 12/31 trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Angel Fire