We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rathambore Jeep bookings

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Topic
Rathambore Jeep bookings

We are apending 3 nights here to visit the tiger sanctuary. We have booked to stay at Nahargarh Fort Hotel and are trying to arrange jeep safaris through them. We are a little concerned as they have asked us to email scanned details from our passports as they say these are neededto make the jeep bookings. Also they are asking for payment to be wired by Western Union Money Transfer. This strikes me as a little strange. Is this a scam or just Indian Bureaucracy at work?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,776 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rathambore Jeep bookings

Passport info is needed to make safari bookings. This is to prevent agents/touts from doing bulk bookings and then creating a black market for jeep rides. There are only a limited number of jeep rides. Ask the hotel if they are happy with you giving them passport number, date of issue, name of the person, gender and nationality, instead of a scan.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rathambore Jeep bookings

I think sending scanned copy of the Passport should be no problem. Advance Payment is usually asked to confirm the booking, see if they are ready to accept a token amount. They should !

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rathambore Jeep bookings

I am trying to arrange the Jeep Safari also. Not through my hotel (their agent is too expensive) but through another hotel. I guess I will need to send them scan or info.

But for the payment, is it possible to provide a Credit Card Authorization? Wire payment is painful to do and costly. And once we had a name wrong and the back and forth went for over a month. So just wondering why the wire transfer and not the Credit Card pre authorization. Especially that I am booking through a hotel.

4. Re: Rathambore Jeep bookings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2010, 07:16