We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria Mumbai - Sawai Madhopur

Haywards Heath...
Level Contributor
293 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Malaria Mumbai - Sawai Madhopur

From my research, low to no risk in Mumbai from Malaria, we are travelling on AC train to Sawai Madhopur passing through a variable risk area, then staying at SM in low to no risk before flying back to Mumbai. Husband says no need of Malaria prophylaxis, opinions please?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaria Mumbai - Sawai Madhopur

Please do check with your doctor or local travel clinic and get advice.

I have not checked whether risk of malaria in Mumbai is low, but have come across a few cases involving locals.

The other evening, while waiting at Arrivals at the airport, I got bitten to within an inch of my life.

There have been cases of dengue as well that I have come across.

Please do cover up and use repellant at the very least.

Udaipur
Level Contributor
387 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaria Mumbai - Sawai Madhopur

Hi

I would say better to take precaution rather than coming without any precuation.

Although the regions are low risk but take precautions to enjoy ur Holiday

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaria Mumbai - Sawai Madhopur

It only takes one bite. Why take the risk, unless you react badly to the medications.

Haywards Heath...
Level Contributor
293 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaria Mumbai - Sawai Madhopur

Yeah OK point taken guys, thanks. I have had dreadful reaction to Lariam but not sure what to take, it will be hot hot hot so don't want to take the antibiotic type one as it increases risk of burning, and I have heard that India is now resistant to some malaria prophylaxis. Maybe ask the pharmacist as some of my colleagues have said that there is a new strain of malaria that has been killing in India.

GPs only look up on the web these days !

5. Re: Malaria Mumbai - Sawai Madhopur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sawai Madhopur