We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations with swimming pool

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations with swimming pool

Hello,

I will travelling to Udaipur later this month for 4-5 days and am looking for a centrally located smallish, safe hotel/haveli with a swimming pool. My budget is sub USD70/night which I think will be Ok given that it is not peak season.

When I was last in Udaipur I stayed at the Trident (purely for the pool!!) but I'd much rather stay in something a little more 'authentic' and closer to town.

I do realise that a pool is a big ask, but as a solo female traveller the option of having a few lazy afternoons pool side is very appealling.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

Saludos.

Udaipur
Level Contributor
387 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations with swimming pool

Hi Saludos

Shikarbadi is a heritage hotel. little bit out of city centre.

Udaikothi is inside City, the terrace overlooks lake pichola and has got a swimming pool.

Paras Mahal is also a good hotel just outside main city centre

Before Confirming any hotel just reconfirm that the Pool is Operational or not

Cheers

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations with swimming pool

We stayed at Rangniwas. It is an old large house with rooms surrounding a small garden area with sun loungers. There is also a nice small pool.

It is well below your USD70 target, so it may be too cheap for you. The rooms are perfectly clean, but the hotel could do with a general overhall. The staff are excellent and very friendly and it has a pleasant and cheap rooftop restaurant. The cheapest beer we found in any hotel on our trip!

Its very close to the centre, just step out the door and within 2 minutes you are at the back entrance to the city palace or into the beginning of the market.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations with swimming pool

Excellent suggestions! Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations with swimming pool

you will find pool which is in your budget and it is in centre area not so far at hotel mahendra prakash

www.hotelmahendraprakash.com

have fun

5. Re: Hotel recommendations with swimming pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Udaipur
Recent Conversations