We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

we r thinking of doing a day trip to mount abu from udaipur . is it advisable we r two couples with 3yearold kid each.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

Not possible at all

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

how much time it takes to reach mount abu, will it be too crowded

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,614 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

I spoke to a guide in Udaipur and he said it is feasible as the road condition is quite good. Will take 4 hours each way at least, and can visit Delwara Temple and the Nakki Jheel and return.

It is better to stay overnight there, and then on the way back you can come via Ranakpur and Haldighati.

Or vice versa, go via Halidghat/Ranakpur, stay overnight and return the next day.

I saw a trip report which someone had posted, basically two stops between Udaipur to Mt Abu.

First, one hour drive between Udaipur and Haldighati (this the place where Rana Pratap fought a battle and his horse Chetak died)

Then, Haldighati to Ranakpur 2 hours.(here you can visit the temple)

Then, Ranakpur to Mt Abu 3 hours

In conclusion, overnight trip is better.

Deepa

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

Of Course day return trip to Mount Abu from Udaipur is feasible. Just 3-4 hrs drive one way.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

It is better to organise a trip with overnight stay.

deepak

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

Hi Anurag

agreed with others . if you go for overnight stay you shall add Ranakpur or Kumbhalgarh on your overnight tour. otherwise you can manage as a day tour comfortably from Udaipur with a private cab

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

Thank you deepak,udaipur magic,deepa and dawanti...Since we r with 2 kids, we dont want to pack and unpack plus i m getting good deal for extended stay at udaipur.So, i believe we wud try to do day trip if we start at 5.am, N specially udaipur magic i have contacted anand for car hire on ur recommendation at previous post, hope he is reliable, since i firmly believe a good taxi driver really can make or break ur trip.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

I might mention in some other post. It is maximume 4 hours drive 185 km. We did day trip three times to mt abu and mt abu is crowded at the time of high seasons like Diwali othewise very small and good place. Only in day tour you will mis sunset. Enjoy your sunset @ dhudh talai udaipur.

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

thanx udaipur magic, we have changed our plans now, will be staying at abu to see the sun set.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
179 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is day trip from udaipur to mt abu doable

Mt abu, is possible in the same day, as it is 180 kms one way from Udaipur, provided you start early from Udaipur.