We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Udaipur is beautiful in June

Which Udaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Udaipur is beautiful in June

Just returned from my first trip to udaipur.While most delhites were heading to the hills and coolerplaces. i opted for udaipur.The most unique things about udaipur has been llovely palaces, lakes with plenty of water, drive to ranakpur and MT abu , lovely marblework statues,peace and no traffic and last but not the least amazing food at every nook and corner.As we landed early morning at udaipur, we headed to jaiwana haveli for breakfast good food and amazing views with lovely cool winds.later wwe headed to Mt abu. the drive is a breeze. abu is hot during the afternoon but cool during eveningsn night. we stayed at ratan villas and connaught house both were nice.We stayed in our resortsmpst of the time as early morning visit to nakki lake was quiet disappointing.it is very unclean. The next day we headed to ranakpur , rain gods were kindon us. its a magnificient drive ,just our car on the road towards aravali hills a nd the jain temple looks more amazing with rain clouds turning grey andblack amidst the aravali hills. and the 650 year old temple though alone stands solid.We stopped for quick snaks at maharani bagh orchard at rankpur which was good.Later in the day as we appraoched udaipur, it gives u a feel of entering a magnificent city as mountains have been chopped to make the road.on both sides.The next morning, we headed for clock tower area shops, bought wooden work artifacts which were so colorfuln beautiful.The cloud cover again blockss the sun and we decided to head towards monsoon palace, and believe me it was magnificent as cool winds on topof the hill make u feel like a real maharaja.later in the day, we did boating in fateh sagar in thislovely weather.We reserved best for last which was dinner at devigarh fort, it was truly a romantic experience as u dine in their restaurant andlook towards the hills.their no cover charges to dine at devigarh in offseason.Our driver , hari singh was quite lazy at times, but anand has been good.,the owner i mean.

Glasgow
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Udaipur is beautiful in June

Thanks for sharing this with us, this is very helpful. We were also planning a trip to Udaipur in the month of Dec for our wedding anniv. Can I please ask where did you stay in Udaipur and if it was a good hotel etc.

Thanks

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Udaipur is beautiful in June

We stayed at trident, its a top quality hotel having the same gates with luxury hotel udaivillas.we paid 100 american dollars in the offseason stay, in dec u shud get it around 250 dollars.there r many good hotels in udaipur supporting every wallet.m sure u gonna love this city.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Udaipur is beautiful in June

Hi Anuragji

Nice to read your trip report. you like the City and enjoyed. Udaipur is beautiful at mansoon and all seasons. Hope you have been to Sajjangarh(mansoon palace)

breakfast at Jaiwana haveli lakefacing terrace Resturant gives you the impression of worth visiting Udaipur

I was on a Europe tour from 15 June -3 July.

with best regards

4. Re: Udaipur is beautiful in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 13:17