We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

Which Udaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

I have just completed my itinerary for Udaipur in December. I would truly appreciate and welcome any suggestions/recommendations/opinions to the sequence of places to visit, according to the below itinerary:

ITINERARY:

DAY 1:

City Palace & Jagdish Temple & Swaroop Sagar -- Lunch Natraj Lodge Station Road -- Shopping Stop -- Doodhtalai -- Bagore Ki Haveli Evening Show 6PM -- Dinner Upre

DAY 2:

Fateh Sagar Lake -- Sajjangarh Monsoon Palace -- Lunch Bay Leaf -- Shopping Stop -- Jagmandir Island @ Boat Ride Evening -- Dinner 1559 AD

DAY 3:

Tiger Lake -- Karni Mata Rope ways -- Lunch Jaiwana Haveli -- Depart to Kumbhalgarh -- Jodphur

I do realize it may be hectic 2 1/2 days but it is the best amount of time available for us, and I do sincerely wish to make the best of it. So any comments or advices if the itinerary is doable and OK is as always cherished. Thank you greatly!

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

Hi,

save & utilised your time- go for udaipur as:-

DAY 1:

City Palace & Jagdish Temple - Lunch at Natraj -- Shopping Stop -- Doodhtalai & Karani ropeway -- Bagore Ki Haveli Evening Show 6PM -- Dinner at Jaiwana/Jagat Niwas

DAY 2:

Fateh Sagar Lake - Sajjangarh Monsoon Palace -badi Lake - Lunch Bay Leaf/Abmrai -- Shopping Stop -- Jagmandir Island @ Boat Ride Evening -- Dinner 1559 AD/Lake Pichola Hotel rooftop

DAY 3:

if you are driving to Jodhpur via kumbhalgarh on third day than donot stay in Udaipur for halfday

Depart to Kumbhalgarh- Ranakpur -- Jodhpur

Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

Hi Udaipurmagic,

Pleased to hear from you :) I truly appreciate your kind advices, as I am making Day 3 an early start to visit Kumbhalgarh & Ranakpur, as I understand it would be a long day ahead. Many thanks once again. Best wishes & greetings to you.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

day 2

i am not very positive for lunch at bayleaf and 1559 AD

don't miss a dinner at Lake Pichola hotel terrace its fantastic. it is walking disance from lalghat and oposite bagore ki Haveli

on 3rd day

leave Udaipur 8 am visit kumbhalgarh fort further towards ranakpur enroute lunch at Arnyawas /or thali at Ranakpur Temple before 1 pm than visit Ranakpur temple.

Enjoy touring

Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

Thank you VERY much udaipurmagic for your prompt feedback and advice to my itinerary.

Noted on your uncertainty for lunch at Bayleaf, however may I know of the reason behind your not positiveness? Is it a not so good place to have a great meal? The Bayleaf Restaurant is just on the foothill of Sajjangarh, so I thought it would be convenient for us to stop by, and then adjourn to the Monsoon Palace.

We will be staying at the Jagat Niwas Palace, so since we will be treated to views of the Lake Palace anyhow. We wish to visit Upre & Ambrai for night views that they are famous for. Nonetheless, your suggestion for dinner at Lake Pichola Hotel terrace is something we cannot ignore! Will find out more of the place...

Thanks so much for the tips of the eateries on stop at Kumbhalgarh & Ranakpur, it does help solve another earlier issue of ours :)

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

Hi Silentski,

I never been to bay leaf i became a negative by seeing from out side. i may be wrong.

any way one advsie for Jodhpur try food -On the Rocks at Ajit Bhawan hotel.

Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

Hi Udaipurmagic,

Many thanks for sharing. I actually got to know the Bay Leaf restaurant based on the reviews on tripadvisor, seems like a fantastic idea to have a dinner surrounded by scenery of mountains.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g297672-d1…

Oh yes, thank you for the kind suggestion, we do plan on trying On the Rocks while in Jodhpur.

As you can tell, we love dining with a lovely view, be it of the City Palace, or the Fort ;)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
376 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

Hey

Highly recommendable to visit Sajjangarh at sunset instead of a day visit. It is just magical at sunset. All else looks great. Also for food you might want to try Natraj Thali restaurant(near the railway station) for unlimited authentic marwari cuisine at unbelievable prices.

Regards

Udit Hooda

Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

Hi udit_kyi, many thanks for the great advice on Sajjangarh. I have heard good reviews of the sunset views there, among others such as Jagmandir Island boat ride, Karni ropeway cable car etc.

Now, am having some headache to arrange the sequence as we'll be having too little time to spare for Udaipur to fit in these many attractions :(

I have omitted Fateh Sagar Lake, as we will be going to Badi Lake instead.

The itinerary updated as follows:

Day 1:

930 AM City Palace & Jagdish Temple -> Lunch @ Natraj / 1559 AD -> Shopping -> Evening Karni Mata Ropeway Cable Car -> Bagore Ki Haveli Evening Show 7PM -> Dinner @ Rooftop Upre Restaurant

Day 2:

6AM Badi Lake Cycling Tour -> Monsoon Palace Sajjangarh -> Lunch @ Bay Leaf Restrnt -> Afternoon Jagmandir Boat Ride -> Shopping -> Dinner @ Ambrai

Day 3:

Udaipur -> Kumbhalgarh -> Ranakpur -> Jodhpur

As you may see from the above, I am not able to fit Monsoon Palace Sajjangarh into the evening time, on Day 2.

Do you recommend I include Monsoon Palace Sajjangarh to Day 1, after shopping, right before Bagore Ki Haveli?

I thought of skipping the Ropeway Cable Car then, so Monsoon Palace could be viewed at Sunset. Do you think it is wise to miss Ropeway Cable Car?

The above has at least two shopping stops around the Old City because we wish to shop for nice lovely Indian clothes while we are there.

Truly look forward to Natraj and saviour its thali. Reason for going to 1559 AD and Upre is because I have read many good reviews on Tripadvisor about the food.

Best regards.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
376 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

Hey

I would go as far as saying that the sunset at Sajjangarh is one of the best thing Udaipur has to offer so dont miss it. Shopping you can manage in other cities also. Try to get there before 6PM as they close the gates of the Sajjangarh Wildlife santuary around that time and it takes about 15mins to get there from the city.

On Day 1 I would suggest, if you can start your visit before 7AM at Bagore ki haveli and the ghats next to it to witness some bathing and prayer rituals done by the locals and also the empty streets in the morning bring out another Udaipur.

Also do not miss Natraj as the food in these other places you will find in other cities too....mughlai or north Indian cuisine, but what Natraj Thali offers is unique to them.

I hope this helps in bringing some clarity.

Regards

Udit Hooda

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary - Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed

hi, in Jodhpur i will suggest you take dinner in the Pal Haveli , good view of fort and umaid hawan palace , it situated in the old city near clock tower .

thanks Nimera