If you book in advance go for flight mumbai• udaipur.
Route for 7 days
Udaipur 2 nights
Udaipur- kumbhalgar ranakpur jodhpur by car
Jodhpur 1 night
jodhpur to Jaipur by train or by car
Jaipur 2 nights
Jaipur to agra s by train or by car
Agra 1 night
Agra Delhi by train by car
Delhi 1 night
Tour by car is easier for such a short time. You can use same car for sightseeing
wish you wonderful. Time
Please find the answer to your queries as under:
1. Will Mumbai to Udaipur by train be OK?
1. If you have traveled through Indian trains before, you may opt for train between Udaipur and Mumbai. However, flights between Udaipur and Mumbai are a better and faster option, considering the limited time you may have in India. If you book flights 2 months in advance, you get very reasonable deals.
2. What route around rajasthn would you suggest? (7 days)
2. If you could stretch your program by a day, it would be best. Udaipur (2 nights) ==> Jodhpur (2 nights) ==> Jaipur (2 Nights) ==> Agra (1 Night) ==> Delhi. If not, then you may opt for a flight between Udaipur and Jaipur and take the following : Udaipur(2 nights), Jaipur (2 nights), Agra (1 night), Delhi (2 nights). Also depending on whether you have been to Delhi earlier or not, you may re-allocate your nights to choose either spending more time in Delhi or Rajasthan.
3. Should we use train around Rajasthan or taxi?
3. Rajasthan has one of the best national highways in India and most travelers travel by car (SUV suggested) as it is very comfortable. One car can take you throughout Rajasthan and if you have a good driver, the routes become really interesting as you cross through villages enjoying a scenic drive. However, if you feel that a distance of 7-8 hours would be hectic for you to travel by road, then you may also consider flights. Considering the limited time that you have, train schedules may not suit you.
Thank you & Best Regards from India,
i am agree with yogendra ji , but make 02 night in jodhpur because you are coming from long drive by evening you will be in jodhpur ,so next day you visit jodhpur and do jeep safari at countryside and next day take morning train for jaipur ( time : 6:00 am depart and arrive at jaipur 11:00 am
Thanks Kp singh nimbera
Well suggested by Nibehra. This will be an experience if you stay two nights at Jodhpur.
Worth visiting bisnohi villages.
To manage it you can stay for one night at Jaipur :
Day 1 visiting walled pink city .. palace, Jantarmantar, walk in old city or riksha ride.
Day 2 morning photo stop at Hawamahal later visit amber fort and drive to Agra enroute visit FSikiri
Next day Taj ,& Fort. - be remembered Taj remains. Closed on every. Friday.
or to manage that jf you can stay one night at udaipur but city need a day to visit.
Thank you everyone! I think we need more time in Rajasthan.
Is it a problem in obtaining a driver that we wouldnt be doing a round trip from Udaipur? Would we be better to start the trip from Delhi? (We havent booked our flights yet so are flexible - but are keen to see Mumbai)
What is the cost for a driver - do we pay for food, accom etc?
Could we get a driver for some bits and then train for others? Or do we need to keep driver for the whole time?
A long flight from your country to India definitely need not time
You can add jaisalmser and bikaner another 3 nights required. Total tour for 15 ,days to cover entire
Driver and cab you can hire from udaipur and you can take partly car and partly train for tour.
Quote will be always with driver food,accommodation allowances.
Cost depend on what kind of cab you are taking
you start your tour from delhi and fly from udaipur, start from delhi - agra - jaipur - pushkar - jodhpur - udaipur and fly .
cost for car depend which car you are taking / cost of car including all
as per udaipur magic all city need 02 night but i add one night at pushkar
thanks kp singh nimbera
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.