We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

Which Udaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

HI Everyone,

We are a family of 4 (me & my husband & my inlaws) travelling to udaipur on 6th August,2013.after staying for 2 days in Udaipur ,we are planning to go Mount Abu.we want to cover kumbhalgarh & Ranakpur on way but I am little confused considering that we are travelling with elderly people ,would it be advisable to cover both or should we go straight away to Mount Abu? Would it be too hectic for them as i have read in earlier forum that in total it would be a long drive ?( we would definitely be hiring cab from Udaipur to Mount Abu)

Please suggest.

Thanks

Neha

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
5,424 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

Finally getting around to finishing off our Udiapur reviews....

Ranakpur and Kumbulgarh are great attractions, well worth making the extra effort to see. See links (w/pictures at the end of our reviews) if interested.

Ranakpur

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297672-d324…

Kumbulgarh

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297672-d156…

Have a great trip to Rajasthan.

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

we are husband wife and a 2 year old kid, we are planning to reach ranakpur by 1:30 pm from sumerpur, and then we were planning to visit kumbhalgarh and then back to jodhpur, i want to know how much time will it take from ranapur to kumbhalgarh and also how much time for sight seeing and is parshuram mahadev visit too stressful, pls advise what should i do ,,, pls advise with time and distance will be highly obliged.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

Ranakpur to kumbhalgarh is 55 ( 1 hour ) via Sayra ( a suggested route) don't take short citv

Sumerpur to Ranakpur 90 minutes drive

Kumbhalgarh you can allocate 2 hour maximum

Parasram is a walkie/hiking trip yoi habe yo walk at least 45 minutes

Regards

Bangalore
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

Is there budget hotels/guest houses near Falna station ? Which one is advisable to stay in falna and vist fort and rankapur or visit asa day trip f rom udaipur.Anyway , I'm passing by train via falna while oing to Jaipur .

15. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 11:09
Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

Stay at khalsa palace in falna a nd Hire a cab from station to do both ranakpur and kumbhalgarh . It is cloae to station , and taxi are early available yo do day tour

17. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 04:35
Bangalore
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

Thanks. A few more queries if you don't mind.

1) Is there RTC buses starting at around 6 AM from udaipur to Mount Abu.

2) Is advance booking (by a day or two) possible in this buses while I am in Mount abu.

3)Where is the drop point of RTC and Taldar buses.Is it mount Abu or just Abu road ?

4) Roughly How much a taxi charge for abu road-shikar hotel road, mount abu. How much time it takes?

5)Also can someone suggest some must sees while I am in Mount Abu for one day sight seeing by cab ( cost ??) . Thanks in advance.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

Hi tHOMAS bAGLORE

here you have

1) there is RSRTC buses starting at around 6 AM from udaipur to Mount Abu., reach there before 10 minutes

2) there no such a deluxe bus and advance booking not availble at the moment you can reach 20 minutes

3 Mt Abu near petrol pump is the drop point of RSRTC and Taldar buses.Immount Abu

4) taxi charge for abu road-shikar hotel road, mount abu. Rs/ 3800 /- and takes above three hours

5)must sees while I am in Mount Abu Nakki lake , Delwara jain temple , sunset Achalgarh, Guru Shikhar Raj Yoga - Brahmakumari .

there are day sightseeing tour buses with nominal or you vcan hire jeep for 1000 rupees . most of the places are walking distance .

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: suggestions required for tour to Kumbhalgarh & ranakpur

HI thomas

here you have

1) there is RSRTC buses starting at around 6 AM from udaipur to Mount Abu., reach there before 10 minutes

2) there no such a deluxe bus and advance booking not availble at the moment you can reach 20 minutes

3 Mt Abu near petrol pump is the drop point of RSRTC and Taldar buses.Immount Abu

4) taxi charge for abu road-shikar hotel road, mount abu. Rs/ 3800 /- and takes above three hours

5)must sees while I am in Mount Abu Nakki lake , Delwara jain temple , sunset Achalgarh, Guru Shikhar Raj Yoga - Brahmakumari .

there are day sightseeing tour buses with nominal or you vcan hire jeep for 1000 rupees . most of the places are walking distance .