We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions on Udaipur

Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Few questions on Udaipur

Hi all- I have planned a trip at the end of Feb to Udaipur. reaching there at 8am on 26th and leaving on 1st Mar at around 5pm. I have no idea what to expect for in Udaipur, I was looking for a destination to spend some good relaxing time with my family including a1 year baby and came acros Udaipur. I have not decided on the itineary but have booked the train as tickets were dying down. could you help with these queries please

1) which are the good hotel on the lake and close to main attractions in the range of Rs2000

2) Hotel should allow early check in as I would on the doorstep by 8am?

3) How far is the main city area from railway station and how much would it cost on a taxi?

4) what would be temprature like then?

5) could you advise what should be my itineary , what places to cover?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards

Hemant

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,882 posts
5,897 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions on Udaipur

Hello Hemant K

>>>5) could you advise what should be my itineary , what places to cover?<<<

Here is a trip list of the attractions that we most enjoyed in Udaipur if interested. You can comfortably cover these in 2-3 days

Best of Udaipur (our favourites)

tripadvisor.com/GoListEditor-i38279-Best_of_…

Hope this is helpful.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 11:49
Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions on Udaipur

Hi, no hotel will guarantee you an early check in unless you book the room for the night before, however if they have rooms free I'm sure they'll allow you to check in on arrival, there's just no guarantees.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions on Udaipur

Udaipur is a very relaxing town so sounds like just what you are looking for. I stayed at the Lalit but I wouldn't recommend it based on location. If you want to easily get around, I'd recommend staying on Lake Pichola itself.

A short summary of my stay in Udaipur with a few recommendations can be found here: www.mangopancakes.com/2013/12/udaipur.html

Personally, I didnt find the site seeing in Udaipur to be very interesting - the palace is run down and not well maintained, and doesn't compare to Jodhpur or other places in Rajasthan. The town itself is nice though.

It may not be possible with a 1 year old, but if you were up for it, the trip to Ranakpur to see the Jain temple, and then the trip to the Kumbalgargh Fort are really nice. mangopancakes.com/2013/12/the-drive-from-jod…

Agra, bhubaneswar...
Level Contributor
68 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few questions on Udaipur

Hi Hemant,

Feb and Nov are the peak-est months for tourism cities like Udaipur. I am sure you wouldn't like to wait for the room as you are traveling with family and infant too. In my opinion, you check with the hotel while making the reservation only. Some of the hotels might confirm as there are guests who leave Udaipur by early morning flights to delhi and mumbai. However it would be difficult to find one. I strongly suggest you book a night prior, if you are not ready t take a chance.

Around lake pichola is the preferred, and you would find hotels in your budget. But i am certain that if you could increase 3k you would get better place for a family stay with infant. (Thinking from Hygiene point of view), as its a peak season and everyone wants to make money.

There are some good guest houses and small hotels around lake pichola which are not so well branded but has decent accommodation and food. You need to strike some keys to find out. Tripadvisro reviews would certainly help you in choosing one.

Temperature would be between 12-25 degrees. Nights and early mornings are always much more cooler as lot of lakes are around.

Itinerary could include -

1. City Palace

2. Vintage Car Museum

3. Monsoon Palace/Sajjan Garh

4. Ranak Pur (Outside City)

5. Eklingj (Outside City)

6. Nathdwara (Outside City)

Regards

5. Re: Few questions on Udaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Udaipur