We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

Which Udaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

I keep reading wonderful things about Jaisalmer and am wondering if I should try and include two nights here in our itinerary.

We could leave Jodhpur early and arrive in Jaisalmer around lunch. Have an afternoon and full day. Then after an early breakfast, we could leave Jaisalmer for Udaipur. This seems like a very long drive, but I am wondering where we could stop - Ranakpur seems six hours away from Jaisalmer (via Barmer so not to backtrack through Jodhpur). Then it would be 1.5 hours to Udaipur. So we could leave Jaisalmer at 8am, arrive 2pm at Ranakpur, stay for 2 hours, arrive in Udaipur at 5:30pm.

Does this work?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

This would be for late September. How will the roads be on the southern route?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

Hi AshRich,

The travelling time you are mentioning are Google travel times. But actually, they are more. Jaisalmer - Udaipur is around 590-600 kms, so you can imagine being in the car for the whole day. It is not suggested.

Thanks

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

Dear visitors

If you go through Barmer to ranakpur is not very good route so I can just suggest you jaisalmer to bypass jodhpur and then ranakpur. its near about 460km. And road is till jodhpur quite okay but after is on work on projects to convert in four lanes. After ranakpur till udaipur road is good. You can done this in a day but quite hectic and leave at 6am instead 8.

Thanks

udaipur
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

dear tourist for rajasthan pls you cen do like this- delhi to jaishlmer train then jodhpur then udaipur this will be good for you.

Thanks & regards

india
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

Dear AshRish

I wold like to suggest you to break your journey in Jodhpur for a night. You can do like:-

Day-01- Morning leave for Jaisalmer (Approx 300 kms)...P.M. visit of Jaisalmer...Over night in Jaisalmer.

Day-02- In Jaisalemr..Visit SAM sand dunes etc...Over night in Jaisalmer.

Day-03- Jaisalmer - Ranakpur...Morning leave for Ranakpur....Evening visit temple (closes at 5.-- PM)...Over night at hotel.

Day-04- Morning leave for Udaipur enroute visiting Kumbhalgarh Fort.

The cost for medium (Sedan) car would be INR 12,000/- and for toyota Innova would be INR 15,500/-...The cost includes parking, toll tax and driver allowances etc. If interested you can contact 9929394551....

Jaipur, India
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

Hi AshRish,

Is your itinerary such that you are in Jodhpur first? If not, would it be possible for you to start with Jaisalmer and then head on to Jodhpur and then Udaipur?

I would also suggest that if you're interested in the backpacking culture then stay over at Zostel (www.zostel.com). They're India's first chain of backpackers' hostels. They're in Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur and considering that you're visiting two out of three of those places, I have a feeling you might be comfortable there, and for a very nominal price!

September is a great time to visit as well.

Delhi
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

Unfortunately you are trying to do do too much and making plans that are too the tee ( in terms of time taken) . India is not the place where you can plan by minutes :) .

Basically there is not much of a choice when it comes to avoiding Jodgur on way to Udaipur coming from Jaislamer. You can possibly make another stopover within 1 hr of Jodhpur but its still the same route.

Not sure what all you intend on covering but one possible way is that you come down to Jaipur via train and then continue thru Jodhpur and Udaipur

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

I will suggest you following itinerary -

If you arriving Jodhpur by flight than in afternoon n by train than in morning by flight than I will suggest you after arrival in Jodhpur sme day drive to Manvar desert camp n it hardly take 3 hours

Day 2 - early morning drive to Jaisalmer n hardly take 3 hour drive n half day sightseeing. Like gadisar lake n old city n fort

Day 3 - excrusion of Jaisalmer - Bada Bagh , Sam etc

Day 4 - morning after breakfast drive to Jodhpur n evening vist fort n jaswant Thada n old city or blur city

Day 5 - morning after breakfast visit Umaid Bhawan place n drive to Udaipur en route visit ranakpur temple

Day 6 full day Udaipur sightseeing

Jaisalmer to Udaipur is very long drive that best itinerary

Thanks Nimbera

Jodhpur, India
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

Hello AshRich

You Can Chose A Good Tour Operaters In This Trip And Should Be Try Jodhpur Tripadvisor Activities Becaused Your Tour Started From Jodhpur See The Good Tour Operators and send a mail

india
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur

Dear Ashrich

Hope you would have finalised your trip.....If you are looking for safe and reliable taxi service. You can contact Mr. Hemant . His email id is heritagerajasthan@gmail.com