We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

Hello,

I am getting married in Udaipur in April next year and would like to get my wedding dress over there. We will fly in to New Delhi roughly a month before. Would you recommend buying my dress in New Delhi or Udaipur? Can anyone recommend any dress shops / areas in either cities, I am looking for a Eastern style dress (not sari) but made out of Indian fabrics?

I am a pattern cutter so will be taking a backup dress pattern with me in case I don't find anything I like. Can anyone recommend a seamstress in Udaipur that would be able to make my dress if needed? I also need tips on where to buy my fabric, I've heard that Jaipur is good but if anyone knows any great places in Delhi or Udaipur that would be very helpful.

Finally, we need a wedding planner in Udaipur. Someone who is reasonable and friendly. We already have a hotel booked so just need help with the organisation and sourcing of decorations, cake, etc.

Any advice of any of these points would be greatly appreciated.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

Hi

Congratulations!

As per your interest of wedding dress, I think Delhi or jaipur is best option for fabric and tailor. if you like try both places and choose fabric aaccording your fitting. about all wedding arrangements maybe you can hire someone local base travel agents services, hopefully they'll done all arrangements according your choice.

Cheers

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

Jaipur is a much better option to do your shopping.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

Namaste!

If you are looking for something fancy & local, Jaipur is the place.

I don't know which hotel you have booked but many good hotels provide in-house event planner. Otherwise you can look for some travel agent who will help you with all other services.

Best Wishes. :)

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

hi

jaipur is better shopping option you can try zari shop

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
280 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

Hey - I guess you should give Chandni Chowk (in central Delhi) a visit to undertand if that suits what you are looking for. Try the place on the internet and you'll see what this huge market specializes in.

Congrats and Best of Luck for the Wedding!

6. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 15:18
7. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 06:07
8. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 06:07
Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

dear sarah we r giving u guranty that you cant do chip prse as u like just try.

Forget last post.

10. Re: Wedding dress shopping/ seamstress /wedding planner required

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Udaipur