We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Udaipur Visit

Which Udaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Udaipur Visit

Hello Everyone,

I am coming to Udaipur in November.

I arrive at the airport after lunch and have arranged for the Hotel to pick us up. I will spend that day in Udaipur and 1 more full day and night.

I will have a driver for the 2 weeks I am in Rajasthan, but am not sure what day to hire a driver from.

My question is,

Do I need to have a driver for the full day I have in Udaipur or is it possible to see the sights without a Driver? Are most sights in walking distance of the town or do you need a car to get around? We are two women travelling alone if that makes any difference.

I will be heading to Narlai and then Jodhpur after Udaipur so will visit Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh on the way.

Thanks you .

jaipur
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan
Level Contributor
646 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Udaipur Visit

Dear

If you are staying at lal ghat, hanuman ghat or chand pole area hotels than places like-Jagdish temple, City Palace, Crystal gallery, boat ride in pichola , clock tower market and Bagore ki haveli are all in the same area and walking distance only. For these places you do not require a driver as the roads are very narrow , croweded and congested. Rest of places you require a driver esp-monsoon palace ,eklingji .

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Udaipur Visit

Dear visitors

You need driver for Bharatiya lok kala mandal, Saheliyon ki Bari and around the Fateh sugar lake. If you interested in sunset then sure visit sajjan garh or known has Monsoon palace for sunset and beautiful city view over the 1000miters hight. It's also depends on your hotel? If you're hotel is around city palace and Jagdish temple then you not require car for this part otherwise you need driver for this part also.

Thanks and regards

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Udaipur Visit

Since you are already arranging a car for the airport pickup, you might as well use that car for the day. If the hotel cannot provide that sort of arrangement, find an agent who can. It doesn't cost that much additional.

November is quite pleasant weather and you can walk around without getting hot and tired. However, Udaipur's streets are noisy and wearying if you are not used to it; and you may be thankful for the quiet comfort of an AC car.

Without information about your hotel, it is difficult to provide more sensible advice.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 03:02
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Udaipur Visit

Hello

If you are hiring a car for just pick up I would suggest you to hire a car for the whole trip.

Not all the sight seeing places are located close by so you will have to get TukTuk...

Add all the amount you pay for tuk tuk's + car taxi pick n drop = It will be almost the same as what you would have to pay for the car, if you get it for the full trip.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Udaipur Visit

HELLO TRAVELLER,

Greetings,

We would like to suggest best option for one car and driver from airport pick up till your tour end because of your comfortable journey

6. Re: Udaipur Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 14:23
India
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Udaipur Visit

Hi,

It makes sense to hire a driver for half a day, rather than just for a small bit. You can pay by the number of hours and it will be a reasonable deal. Again, if we had a little information as to where you are staying, it would be easier to suggest options. Cheers!

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Udaipur Visit

You may spend a day independently in udaipur.

9. Re: Udaipur Visit

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 14:31
10. Re: Udaipur Visit

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:15