We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Real Driving Time from Pelling to Sikkim

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Real Driving Time from Pelling to Sikkim

Hi,

We're planning on making a trip to Pelling, surroundings and North Bengal.

Can anyone tell me how long does it truly take to drive down from Pelling to Siliguri?

How are the roads in December?

Any info will be much appreciated.

SC

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Real Driving Time from Pelling to Sikkim

Hi,

The approx driving time from Siliguri to pelling would be about 5 hours. Infact most places in and arounf N.Bengal and Sikkim can be reached in 4-5 hours.

The road conditions in Dec should be okay - except for certain stretches here and there.

Once you finalise your detail plan, pls let us know and we can offer further inputs.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Real Driving Time from Pelling to Sikkim

Hi,

Thanks for the info. That's what we were hearing but wanted to get some confirmation from someone else. I'm assuming you've been on that route a few times. Anything else we should be wary of?

Thanks.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Real Driving Time from Pelling to Sikkim

Hi,

Yes I hv been to Pelling on 4 occassions. The roads are decent, but usually in Nov and Dec, there is a possibility of some portions getting damaged due to the monsoon rains etc ( just in case they are yet to be repaired). Dont worry too much into that...the roads will still be motorable. However I would prefer to travel with a 4 wheeled drive vehicle for a better drive and control -- albeit a bit more expensive to rent.

4. Re: Real Driving Time from Pelling to Sikkim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2007, 11:50
5. Re: Real Driving Time from Pelling to Sikkim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 01:19