We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sikkim Itinerary

Mumbai
Level Contributor
3 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Sikkim Itinerary

Dear Mr. Roy/Mr. Debadutt

Sorry to bother you. But I would like to take your views and opinion on some points.

I am planning a trip to Sikkim in the month of May. We are 3 adults. My plan goes like this:

Gangtok: 3 nights

Gangtok-Lachen: Stay for 1 night

Lachen-Lachung- 2 nights

Lachung to Peling-2 nights

Return to Siliguri

My questions are as follows:

Should I book a vehicle from Siliguri and cover all the locations?

Should I take a package tour from Gangtok for Lachen and Lachung and then hire another vehicle for the balance trip from Lachung-Peling-Siliguri.

I will be hiring an exclusive vehicle. If I intend to keep the vehicle for the entire trip what will be the approx cost.

Are the permits that are required to be taken to visit the Lachen Lachung belt easily available or a tour operator is required for the same.

Will be extremely thankful for your suggestions.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sikkim Itinerary

A vehicle hired from Siliguri will not go further main taxi stand in Gangtok. For north you need a vehicle hired from Gangtok. Hiring a vehicle for entire trip is not possible.

You may like to chose a package trip to north from Gangtok which includes accommodation, food, transportation, sightseeing and permission.

In case you do not avail a package trip, you may obtain the permission from Sikkim tourism office in Gangtok, hire a vehicle and book accommodation yourself.

Regards,

Abhijit

www.traveldias.com

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
38,059 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sikkim Itinerary

Replying the post other than the particular addressee is beyond forum's etiquette.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Buzo_Pops_Dad,

Do not hire cab for the entire itinerary. Because, there are dedicated vehicles for North Sikkim. Gangtok and Pelling s/s to be done by local vehicles of respected places. So, hire vehicle as and when needed.

Edited: 08 March 2014, 15:38
Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sikkim Itinerary

Hi, I'm looking at travelling to Sikkim with my family ( kids 15 and 11).

In May 2014.

I've gone through several site that offer so much information, but am not being able to decide on a route.

We love quite places, far from the maddening crowd.

Please can you advice me what places I could visit, and guide me further.

Much appreciated.

Madhavi.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 07:31
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India
Level Contributor
15,780 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sikkim Itinerary

Hi Madvi

Kindly provide your arrival departure date from njp/bagdogra so that plan can be suggested.

Thanx

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
38,059 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sikkim Itinerary

Madhavi73

''We love quite places, far from the maddening crowd''

Considering the above point, I would suggest Gangtok (Mt Siniolchu/Hidden Forest Retreat), Ravangla (Mt Narsing), Kaluk (Gonday V R).

Edited: 09 April 2014, 12:37
Delhi
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sikkim Itinerary

Dear Mr. Roy, could you please suggest a reliable travel agency in Gangtok for our permits n a three night four days trip to north Sikkim in May ? I will be very grateful. Regards, morami

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,059 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sikkim Itinerary

morami

May contact the following tour operators or sikkimtourism.gov.in/Webforms/…TATO_List.aspx

Nature Beyond, Pallav Bhattacharya 09733000591 pallab@naturebeyond.org

Yak & Yeti Travels Expedition Phone 03592280075, +919434117418, 09933008822 sikkim@live.in

Skyworld Tours and Travels. Ramesh Basnet 09832089339, 09743141606. toursgangtok@gmail.com

Dikcha Tours & Travels Phone No. : 03592200131, 9475709392, 9832327936. dlama_123@rediffmail.com

Edited: 12 April 2014, 02:49
8. Re: Sikkim Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:15