We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sikkim in June 2014

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sikkim in June 2014

I am planning to go to Sikkim on June 2014 ( 21 june-25 June )

1) is it a good time to visit at this time

2) I checked whether. and it says rains with thunderstorm. So i am afraid that landslides can happen

3) if its good time to visit., Which tour operator provides the best budget tour package ? any suggestions

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sikkim in June 2014

It would be the rainy season, mountain weather is unpredictable. Landslides and roadblocks can also occur.

it would also be foggy and can affect your landscape sightseeing, other outdoor activities aren't possible in the rain.

recommended time to visit Sikkim are Oct-Dec, Mar-May.

Edited: 07 June 2014, 04:57
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sikkim in June 2014

Hi

It not best time to visit sikkim during rains but if you had planned or done train booking then you can proceed fir gangtok,south dikkim and west sikkim.Avoid north sikkim and nathula.I had visited gangtok southsikkim and west sikkim during july 12.It was a great trip.Fortunately there was no land slide on our way though it was raining.One more thing as you are going in off season,no need to book package.You can easily book hotels with good deal.Taxi would be avsilable on the spots for transfer and sight seeing and you can book as your need.

Thanx

Edited: 07 June 2014, 18:47
3. Re: Sikkim in June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:17