We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Which Coimbatore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Topic
hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

are there any cheap hotels 300-500rs/per day near isha foundation velliangiri hills?pl forward the contact no.s if possible.thanks

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Hi sheelbingo...

Isha Foundation is one end of Coimbatore, some 35 - 40 kms from the town and it is a village. You might not find any other accommodation option in that area other than those offered by the Foundation. There are some private guest houses, which are basically farm houses which may not fit into your budget. The best option for you would be to stay in Perur, which is enroute, where you may find lodges in that budget.

Regards

Prasanna

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Bvsorasabbam am also going to Isha in March

but my flights are not confirm yet.

The one which is straight forward arrives at nite in Coimbatore

around midnite - it is safe to book the best hotel there and

arranged to be picked up by the hotel if I arrive that late?

My plan is to take transport again from the hotel to Isha.

Or should I took a more complicated route but try to arrive in Coimbatore in the afternoon? then I still have to spend the nite in Chennai instead.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Hi..

Coimbatore is absolutely safe, even better off than other cities you may compare. The advantage also is that, unlike other cities, the airport here is inside the city and very accessible. You may have yourself booked in a decent hotel and have them pick you up or even take the prepaid taxis in the airport. This would be the ideal plan, instead of wasting time, money and energy going around. I would not advise you to try reaching Isha at that time of the night, as it is very far and remote.

Feel free to revert for any further clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Okay Prasanna thank you for your reply.

In that case, I will take the most comfortable route and airline to reach from Singapore and stay the nite in Coimbatore. Get the hotel drop me off the next morning and then stay another nite on the way back by arranging transport back from Isha to the hotel I will stay the nite in.

Very helpful.

Ina

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Hi Ina...

Don't mention. Pleasure is mine.

Would suggest you to hire a call taxi on a full day basis and do this trip. The reason being, Isha is quite far from the city and if you avail of a drop, they would charge for the empty return also, that is two way. By paying a little extra, you would have the comfort of having a taxi at your disposal. Further, finding taxis in Isha also wouldn't be easy, and if you manage to get one, you would again end up paying for the return also. Add up all these costs, hiring a call taxi for a whole day, would be far more economical and cheaper comparing to cabs from the hotels. There are a lot of new taxi fleets in Coimbatore which are comfortable, safe and economical.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 15 January 2013, 07:41
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Hi there,

Thanks again for the tip. Maybe I did not explain myself clear, I will be in Isha for an event (9 days). So, I am planning to arrange it from the hotel I will be staying the first nite and the same hotel i will use for one nite before my flight back to Singapore.

Good to know about new fleets of taxis to hire.

Regards,

Ina

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Oh.. Ok.. I understood as you doing only a day trip. Then, it seems fine.

Regards

Prasanna

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Hi Prasanna, I read a few of your posts about Isha Coimbatore. You seem to know the place well. Please tell me if I can have a good ayurvedic (oil) massage at Isha foundation. I consider to book there yoga marga course (3 weeks) but I definitely want to have massages. Isha say they have Therapy which is not clear to me. Also I wonder if they have good trained masseurs. May be you know...

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
45 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Hi

yes Iam sure Isha providing massages kindly contact its rejuvenation centre but the best people for massage and rejuvenation therapies visit raja ayurvedic resort in kerala they are best in ayurvedha treatments they are the ayurvedha medcine suppliers for whole kerala distance coimbatore to chavakad 140 kilometers check with internet you get more details

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels at cheaper rates near isha foundation

Hi M2C3,

Welcome to Trip Advisor.

I live in Coimbatore and am quite a frequenter to these places. I am aware that Isha offers Yoga courses but am not sure about the therapy part which you are talking about. But, I am told they have some rejuvenation programs started, which covers these. You have those details in the website. Hence, it depends on which program you have opted for. You would have therapies if you have opted for one of their rejuvenation programs.

Regards

Prasanna

Get answers to your questions about Coimbatore