We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coimbatore to Munnar bus service in night

Gwalior, India
Level Contributor
166 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Coimbatore to Munnar bus service in night

Info required as we reaching coimbatore at 1.30 am in night we need to take bus to Munnar so can some one tell about the as we don't need to waste our time til look. Morning as we have to reach Munnar by 9 am in the morning to cover local sighting. If there is no bus available from Coimbatore to Munnar. At what time do we get a bus from aluva or nearest as we need to reach Munnar by 9 in the morning...

I have more questions to ask..

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coimbatore to Munnar bus service in night

Hi...

I am not sure if you may find buses to Munnar at that point of time. What you can do is, proceed to Udumalpet via Pollachi and once in Udumalpet, you might get options or atleast the day would be breaking. These buses leave from the Ukkadam bus stand in Coimbatore. You may also check at the bus stand, if any Kerala State Transport Corpn buses are available, which I think should be a no.

Regards

Prasanna

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
12,393 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coimbatore to Munnar bus service in night

The first train after you reach Coimbatore is the Bangalore-Ernakulam train at 1.50, which you may not be able to catch. The next one is at 2.50 a.m. 12623 Chennai-Thiruvananthapurm, which reaches Aluva at 6.15 a.m. Even if everything falls in place and you take the first bus from Aluva to Munnar, you won't reach Munnar at 9 a.m.

Even if you board a bus from Coimbatore to Aluva your chances of reaching Munnar at 9 a.m. is very less.

You can explore what bvsprasanna has suggested i.e. via Udumalpet, Pollachi.

Else, the only option to reach Munnar at 9 a.m. is to hire a cab.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Coimbatore to Munnar bus service in night

where from you are coming from and by which mode of transport?

4. Re: Coimbatore to Munnar bus service in night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Coimbatore