We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madurai - What 10 Places I must visit

Wemyss Bay, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Madurai - What 10 Places I must visit

Ok folks of Madurai it's over to you now, travel and accommodation arranged to and in India, visas in passports and vaccinations (ouch) received. Now where are the top 10 places in Madurai MUST I see. I am travelling with my husband, we are of average age, interests include people, history, food and culture. We will only be in your city for a few days and recognise we will only be able to experience some of the splendours Madurai has to offer but I wish to make the most of my time while there. Local knowledge is far more valuable when time is of the essence than tour guide books.

This is my first trip to India, my husband has been often and cannot wait for me to experience India and is hoping I fall in love with India as much as he has.

Looking forward to all replies.

x

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Madurai - What 10 Places I must visit

great isnt it, they cant supply the people with a constant supply

of electricity but they can honour a foreigner...lol....

yes the waters come from Tamil Nadu, so are Tamil

but the dam is in Kerala, so Kerala want to claim the water,

sounds like a decision from Salomon is required

but if you visit the dam Gail, only take one camera

you have to pay a fee for cameras and binoculars

if you get on the boat, its no an experience i would

personally recommend as it is a wildlife cruise that

encompasses a tiger reserve, the only wildlife i saw

and the guides proudly pointed them out were some

cormorants and an otter, all of which we have at home...

12. Re: Madurai - What 10 Places I must visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:18