We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
5 posts
Save Topic
ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

hello,

I want to know about the places to visit in ooty and coonoor.My trip duration is of 2 days ,one day in ooty and second day in coonoor...

So I want little bit time guideline at what time we should visit the suggested place

Thank you

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

Hi Arpit_12,

Welcome to Trip Advisor.

Suggest you dig up the Ooty and Coonoor forums a little deeper and you would find the answers for your question. You can to fix up with one of the travel agencies in Ooty, who conduct daily sight seeing tours. You would see a lot of billboards in and around the Charring Cross area or your hotle can even help you. This would be in a seat in coach or if you prefer a separate car, according to your budget. They will have different type of tours and you may choose the one which impresses you.

The places to cover would be Ooty - Botanical Garden, Rose Garden, Boat House, Dodabetta Peak & Pykara Falls and Coonoor - Sims Park, Dolphin Nose, Lady Canning Seating and Lambs Rock. I have listed only the most general places as you have 2 days only.

Feel free to revert for any clarifications..

Regards

Prasanna

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

I suggest to extend to 3 days for a comfortable sightseeing. In two days you could visit the following must-see spots as per your interest.

Toy train, Botanical Garden, Rose Garden, Boat House, Dolphin's Nose, Dottabetta Peak, Pykara Lake & Sim's Park

Read my recent Ooty travel blog - …travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

Bengaluru, India
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

Thanks prasanna for this information..

Can you please suggest me from which location should we start as we are reaching at 6 am. Should we visit Dottabetta Peak or else in ooty??

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

My pleasure. Don't mention.

Day 1 - Botanical Garden - Boat House - Rose Garden - Lunch - Dolphin Nose - Lambs Rock - Sims Park - Doddabetta Peak(subject to returning via Coonoor - Kotagiri road and turn towards Ooty at Kattabettu).

Day 2 - Pykara Falls - Pykara Boat House - All miles (Cine Shooting spots as they are known) - Mudhumalai (Jungle Safari etc)

If you want to check on the Toy Train, you might consider one way from Ooty to Coonoor and have your car pick you up at Coonoor and continue the plan. Check the timings at the Railway Station and if available at your time, consider that.

Feel free to revert for any clarifications,

Regards

Prasanna

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
841 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

Hi

Train Timing from Ooty:

0915, 1215, 1400, 1800 h as of now.

Regards

Sam

Groowynd

Bengaluru, India
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

could we book toy train ticket online from udagmandalam to coonnoor, or some other way in advance?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

Why not? Book it online at www.irctc.co.in. Station code for Ooty is UAM.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

Hi,

It depends if you want to do the regular tourist stuff or more on scenic.. also it depends on ..if u r traveling with friends, family or as a couple.

Doddabetta Peak has a good view..

Dolphin's nose is not so great but the way to it is really beautiful..Don't forget to cover 6th Mile and 9th Mile as they provide a nice scenic beauty but are bit crowded and so is Doddabetta..

I ll suggest

Rose Garden or Botanical Garden( if u love gardens) and Doddabetta Peak are in ooty so u can cover them together.

Pykara Lake, 6th Mile, 9th Mile and Pine forest are some 10 kms away from ooty and actually on the way to Ooty if you are taking that route so they can be clubbed together..

Dolphins's Nose and Lam's rock are on the same route and in Coonoor. Sim's Park and Wellington Glof Course can be clubbed together as they are nearby.. If you are a tea totaller and wanna visit a Tea factory then there is one Near Sim's Park called the Highlands Tea Estate which goves u a plantation tour as well as they have a tea factory..

I am telling u these places keeping in mind that you are traveling by a cab or a private vehicle .. as going from one place to another takes some time.

9. Re: ooty-end of May 2012-places to visit in ooty and coonoor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:17