We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

Pune, India
7 posts
Save Topic
Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

Hi,

I am planning for a vacation to Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal this Dusherra. I know the days left are quite few..and will get trouble in bookings.

My plan looks like:

PS: I already have seen Mysore so am just interested in garden and palace.

Day 1-

reach Mysore in afternoon

Day 2

Mysore Palace

See Brindavan Garden in eve

Roam arnd in mysore

Leave for Ooty

Day 3

Roam in Ooty

Day 4

Leave for Kodaikanal

Roam in Kodaikanal

My qus are:

1. Are the days sufficient for Ooty and Kodaikanal

2. I will reach Mysore on Dushera day, so will there be any problem in visiting garden & palace the next..I hope they dont remain close.

3. I have no idea how to plan the return trip.Pls suggest the route back to Bnglr.

4. Do I need to pre-book Mysore-Ooty, Ooty-Kodaikanal and return buses ?

-Deepika

Thanks in advance

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

I would like to suggest few things

- In Day 2 after Visiting Brindhavan Gardens in the evening, You wont be able to do a night travel to Ooty. Travel to Ooty during daytime so you can enjoy the wildlife during your travel.

- One day in Ooty is definitely not enough.

- Pre-booking of all buses are good to have a planned vacation

- Avoid Mysore, if you have just 4 days.

- If you are travelling by air from Pune, Choose Mumbai to Coimbatore and return back from Madurai(close to Kodaikanal)

My Ooty travel blog - …travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

Pune, India
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

Thanks a lot Joseph for your valuable comments.

We have dropped the idea to see Mysore, rather will directly go to Ooty from Banglore.

Now we are planning only for Ooty and Kodaikanal / Munnar.

We have booked return ticket from Coimbatore to Pune.

Pls suggest in that case which one is feasible Munnar / Kodaikanal as both looks equidistant from Ooty.

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

Hi

Agree with Joseph on flying into Coimbatore and flying out of Madurai with Ooty and Kodai covered in between.

See a similar thread earlier on the same a while ago . . .

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g303890-i10452-k269…

regards

Rajan

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

Hi,

if you are Munnar to your destination list it will be better to drop in Cochin. the distance and time of travel is less compare to Coimbatore.

Cochin (Aluva)- 120km - 4 hrs

Coimbatore - 180km - 6hrs

Regards

KERALA DAYZ

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

Munnar is definitely closer to Coimbatore than Kodaikanal. Take Munnar - Udumalpet - Pollachi - Coimbatore route.

Just an after thought. Instead of Munnar / Kodaikanal, You can also think of Valparai & Athirapally, which is just 100 km from Coimbatore. Valparai is less popular than Munnar / Kodaikanal, but definitely good.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

Hi,

+ one vote for Valparai .

Regards

KERALA DAYZ

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

Hi DeepikaPanwar...

Welcome to Trip Advisor...

Now that you have discarded Mysore, my personal suggestion would be to travel to/fro Coimbatore. The advantage of Coimbatore would be better connectivity, good travel options and centrally located from all destinations. All locations you have mentioned, Ooty/Kodai/Munnar, are worth 4 days individually. So, it depends on how you would like your holiday to be. If you are looking at a relaxing/rejuvenating holiday, then plan for only one location or max 2 locations, and any of the 2 you select would definitely be feasible/possible. You may choose from Ooty, Kodai, Munnar, Valparai, Top Slip etc.

Feel free to revert for further clarifications...

Regards

Prasanna

Pune, India
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

Thanks everyone for your comments..

As per your suggestions and feasibility I chose to visit only Munnar. Atleast can experience the beauty of one place completely.

Thanks again for putting up the points.

9. Re: Ooty-Mysore-Kodaikanal travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 10:17