We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pune
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

I have been told that there are no fans in the rooms at Sterling Resorts Fern Hill Ooty, can any one tell me how far is it true ? What would be the weather like in Ooty and Bandipur during April 6th to April 21st period ?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

Hi Shivkapadia...

Welcome to Trip Advisor...

Yes... As far as I know, it is true... But, why would you require a farm in Ooty... The temperature would be around 20. Bandipur may be a little hotter as it is in the plains as it is summer.

Regards

Prasanna

Pune
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

Any feedback on how well is the resort Sterling Fern hill Ooty is maintained ? What would be your review on The Country Club Bandipur ?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

I have stayed in Fern Hill, but this was sometime back. But, I happened to stay in Sterling Yelagiri very recently and also had a look of Sterling Kodaikanal. What I was able to gather was that Sterling is under a new management and they are revamping their facilities and have made up all their properties well. So, I feel you would not be disappointed. And, on the Bandipur thing, I don't have a clue. Please refer TA ratings and reviews.

Edited: 21 October 2012, 16:40
Pune
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

Thanks for your advice. I will go ahead with our booking

S K
Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

Please be warned. We just returned after a trip to Ooty. Did not stay the full three days we had booked at sterling fernhill. The rooms are not what you would expect for the money you pay( we took a luxury two bedroom suite), nor are the facilities. Bad linen, stained floors, very basic bathrooms old furniture..:( the approach road is positively dangerous, and its too far off from the town with no restaurants nearby except the one they have. Renovations are still going full swing..bad choice.

Kodaikanal
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

Country Club Bandipur wild life Resort, was fine resort in Banipur, you can get all the facilities like Spa, Bar, pool, GYM, childern Play Area, Animal watch Tower, Pool, Indoor /outdoor Game. I assure that we will have Best time on your Stay.

I'm not sure about , I heard in Bandipur Tiger safari was closed. some one kindly help it out

With Regards

$ichot

Pune
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

We are planning to visit sterling ooty in the month of april 2013, do you feel the renovation work going on at sterling resorts ooty is likely to be completed by then ? I have also been told that there are no fans in sterling resorts ooty, how far is it true ?

please give me your feedback as you had been there very recently.

thanks

shiv kapadia

pune

Kodaikanal
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

Dear Shiv Kapdia

Ooty Fern Hill Resort does not Have Fans, because fans was not Required in the Hill Station. Temperature will be summer day 25 -28"c Night 16- 20"c With Cool breeze and misty will around you. Renovation work Process will Expected to Completed before 15th December 2012. So you can Enjoy the Holiday Brand New Renovated Property.

Have a good Day......

$ichot

9. Re: Sterling Fern Hill Ooty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2013, 09:15