We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coimbatore to Ooty to Bangalore

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
5 posts
Save Topic
Coimbatore to Ooty to Bangalore

What would be the best way to travel from Coimbatore Airport to Ooty. On the return we need to go to Bangalore City (not airport). What are the recommendations? Our travel dates are 24th Oct and return on the 26th Oct.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coimbatore to Ooty to Bangalore

Hi Nimit1...

Welcome to Trip Advisor....

Obviously the taxi... Take the Kotagiri route.

Regards

Prasanna

Colintraive, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coimbatore to Ooty to Bangalore

I realise that you have already traveled but I am making this post anyway for others.

Do not take the taxi option, neither take the bus. Take a train.

The road to Thrissur/Tricur is great but from then on it is the worst Indian road on which I have traveled and I have done some miles. It takes at least 6 hours and from before you get out of Kerala the road is neither paved nor tarred but rutted earth. The traffic level is crazy and the driving more so. Don't even start me on the buses.

When you arrive at the border with Tamil Nadu you need to pay 400 rupees per person and supply details of your names, ages etc. Do NOT, do this after dark, as we did. Of course there was a power cut so we were in the dark surrounded by lorries........I expected to be taken by aliens at any moment.

Take the train, any train, do NOT go this route by road.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coimbatore to Ooty to Bangalore

Hi BridgetIna,

I think you have got the posts mixed up. The OP has asked for options from Coimbatore airport to Ooty and back to Bangalore. This has nothing to do with Kerala at all. Think it got mixed up.

Regards

Prasanna

4. Re: Coimbatore to Ooty to Bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 10:17