We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangalore-mysore-ooty trip

Delhi
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bangalore-mysore-ooty trip

Hi,

This is my first post on tripadvisor, so pardon any faux pas . Well, lets get straight to the point. I need to plan a trip for my family from bangalore to ooty including mysore. They'll be leaving from bangalore on Sunday, 13 Jan, 2012 at around 5-6 am. Will reach mysore somewhere in the afternoon, and after a few hours of local sightseeing in mysore ,will leave from mysore to ooty in the evening.

Then on monday and tuesday, the plan is to cover ooty, coonoor and if possible and worth it, then kotagiri. Then will leave from ooty on wednesday morning to coimbatore.

So, basically need an itinerary to cover maximum possible places in ooty, coonoor, kotagiri etc in 2 days without getting too tired. It will be my parents and a younger brother who'll be visiting ooty for the first time. So, will booking cabs for these local sightseeings be a good idea ? How much does it cost ?

And what about the hotels in ooty or coonoor? Do i need an advance booking for that ?

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Bangalore-mysore-ooty trip

Hi,

Be very careful if you choose kalhatti ghat road when you come down ooty. It is very steep. You can manage the hairpin bends if you have prior experience on ghat roads. There are 36 hairpin bends. The biggest danger is your vehicle brake may fail totally if you dont stop

your vehicle in between.The reason is vehicle brake pad wil get heated up bcse of continous use for a long dueation. I had an experince 2 weeks before whn I came down on this road frm ooty. My car brake failed totally whn I reachd the last hairpin bend( ie 1st hairpin bend from bottom).I had to leave my vehicle for 30.minutes

to get the brake pad to cool.. so be very careful on this road.

Kumar

22. Re: Bangalore-mysore-ooty trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:15