We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About ooty

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
About ooty

Hi , everyone .

Iam planning to go Ooty on feb 1st weekend 2013 by car , from bangalore is my starting point .

Can u suggest me a safe route , apart from ghat road is there any other route , pls let me know .

Pls mention the main cities in between bangalore to Ooty , so that i wont get confuse me .

pls iam waiting for reply .

riyaz basha .

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About ooty

Mysore-Mudumalai-Ooty is quite a regular route taken by thousands of tourists and tour operators, quite safe and scenic.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: About ooty

Hi riyazbasha...

Welcome to Trip Advisor....

How do you imagine to visit a hill station without climbing the hills? So, ghat roads cannot be avoided but can only be minimised.

Bangalore - Mysore - Nanjangudu - Gundlupet - Masinagudi or Gudalur - Ooty would be the route. If you are unsure of ghats, avoid the Masinagudi route as it is very steep and do the Gudalur way.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About ooty

Hi

A little more details on this earlier thread . . . .

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297679-i12969-k470…

regards

Rajan

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: About ooty

Thanks for ur suggestion sir .. route was wonderful , crossing 36 hairpin bends to ooty , And going to dolphin nose in coonoor , this was my first long drive , it was unforgettable.

regards

riyaz.

5. Re: About ooty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 07:15