We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expert advise on trip to Ooty

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Expert advise on trip to Ooty

Happy Morning to All,

I am planning to visit - Bandipur National Park (Safari) - Ooty - Coonor

1. On Thursday morning will start from Bangalore via Bus around 09.00 AM and get down at Bandipur National park for Safari. Leave the same day for Ooty.

Advise required :

=>Is it good to halt at Bandipur or travel to Ooty

=>Bus available from Bandipur National Park to Ooty in the evening or hire a private vehicle.

2. Saty in Ooty and Connor : Have booked a train tickets for Firday 09.00 AM till Connor.

Advise required:

=> Budget hotels in Ooty/Coonor

=> What would be the cost of Indica for 1 day trip.

=> Best places for Visit in Ooty and Coonor

Thanks,

Raj

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expert advise on trip to Ooty

Hi...

IMPO, you may reach Ooty if transportation is available, which I do not see as a concern. But if you have any other plans of other surrounding places like Masinagudi, Mudumalai, Kabini etc., then you can consider staying in the Bandipur/Masinagudi areas.

There are a lot of budget options for stay. Kindly check the hotels page to choose hotels based on your budget, location, preferences, amenities etc. Indica for a day should cost you anywhere between Rs.1000 to Rs.1500 based on the plan. For details on things to do, please go through the Ooty Forum as you would get a lot of ideas.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expert advise on trip to Ooty

Hi

The following are the Safari timings: Morning 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM. Evening 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM

So, if you are leaving Bangalore around 9 AM, you may be able to do the evening safari at Bandipur and then either take a bus or a cab to Ooty (i have no idea on the bus schedules) or stay the night at either Bandipur or Masinagudi and head to Ooty the next day.

regards

Rajan

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Expert advise on trip to Ooty

Happy Morning! All,

Thanks for your reply. I have booked "Hotel Silver Oak" for my stay is this good one? How fas is this hotel from Ooty Bus stand?

Can you alos advise any good resturant for Dinner with good food & ambience as it will be my 1st aniversary dinner. ( Can afford even if its bit costly)

Thanks,

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Expert advise on trip to Ooty

Hi,

Can any one please advise on the above query ?

Thank you.

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expert advise on trip to Ooty

Hi

Have no personal experiences with Silver Oak and hence may not be able to help.

On dining, depends on your cuisine preferences. For example, if you like Chinese. Shinkows is a great place and a large tradition, Earls Secret (part of Earls court) is a nice dining experience with some good continental food, Nahar serves some good South Indian food, but not exactly a place for a romantic candle light dinner, Glyngrath villa restaurant, the garden cafe etc are other good options. So, basically boils down to your food priorities and cuisine preferences.

regards

Rajan

Hyderabad, Andhra...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Expert advise on trip to Ooty

cab fare depends on the places you want to cover. There are standard sight-seeing trips provided by many travel operators in Ooty. For example, Exodus cabs provide sightseeing trips in Ooty, Coonoor, Pykara, Avalanache at prices ranging from 1000-1500, depending upon the places you want to cover. I had a very good experience with Exodus cabs.

Since you already have booked toy train from Ooty to Coonoor, no need to book any cab in Ooty for sight-seeing in Coonoor. On exiting the Coonoor railway station, you will be surrounded by lots of cab and bus tour operators providing different sight-seeing packages. I found the rates reasonable. You can bargain also.

Hope this information is useful to you.

7. Re: Expert advise on trip to Ooty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 07:18