We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ooty trip

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Topic
ooty trip

hello sir,

please tell me that after reaching ooty can i board toy train to see the scenic beauty of that place?i want to go in oct-nov with my family,. is it a best time,? i want to visit bangalore, mysore,coorg ,ooty,kodaikanal,then return to chennai ? visit mahabaleswar........within 12-days

please give me suggestion how to plan the trip ,hotels name (budget),important places to visit in around,trains name .

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
200 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ooty trip

Too many questions . Let me address part by part .

First Mahabaleswar is not in the same belt as Ooty,Kodai and Coorg . So please check whether you intended correct place .

Toy Train - If you want long journey from Mettupalayam to ooty , it is better to book First Classs tickets well in advance (usually goes off first day of opening during peak period) . If it is just between Ooty to Conoor one hour drive you can take local tickets from station itself .

trip details - There are lot of forums and good response by expert Prasanna in other threads . If still need some more help please drop those

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ooty trip

Hi...

Welcome to Trip Advisor....

Firstly, the topographies... Mahabaleshwar is near Pune, Maharasthra, Bangalore, Mysor & Coorg are in Karnataka and Ooty is in Tamil Nadu but close to the Karnataka border. So, you may reach Bangalore from Calcutta and do Coorg - Mysore - Ooty and reach Coimbatore, so as to board a train to Chennai. This is phase one. Then, you may have to have to reach Satara or Pune to reach Mahabaleshwar. If the idea of going to Chennai is only for the connectivity, then, there are direct trains from Coimbatore to Pune, which makes it easy.

Toy Train - This train plies between Mettupalayam to Coimbatore and not inside Ooty. So you may be able to enjoy the natural sceneries enroute and not Ooty.

Feel free to revert for any further clarifications,

Regards

Prasanna

Ooty...
Level Contributor
100 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ooty trip

Hi,

You can board toy train from ooty to enjoy the scenic beauty,

start the tour from bangalore, coorg , mysore ooty coimbatore chennai and mahabalipuram.

daniel

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ooty trip

Hello friend,

Better,Travel in the train number 56136 is nice . It will definitely give a Scenic beauty as per your wish. I also agree with the trip plan of bvsprasanna, you can set your trip like that.

Have a happy Journey!

5. Re: ooty trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:15