We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ooty and Coorg trip

Mumbai (Bombay...
12 posts
Save Topic
Ooty and Coorg trip

Hi,

I need advice for the above mentioned destinations. My family is travelling to Bangalore (flight) and has to reach Ooty. We will be staying in Ooty for three days and then travel to Coorg and again stay there for three days.

We will need a car to reach Coorg, and for sight seeing around the place. Then, we will need to be dropped to Mangalore.

Does the one week package for a cab work out better in terms of cost? If hired for a week, the limit of 250 km has been set. Will the total km set 250x7 be used/ exhausted if the car is hired for a week for travelling from Bangalore to Ooty and then Coorg to Mangalore?

Pls let me know so that I can book the cab.

Also, what are some of the must-dos around Ooty and Coorg?

thanks

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
200 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ooty and Coorg trip

250 * 7 looks ok if the rates are reasonable otherwise I dont think you can gain much. Many taxis dont agree for kilometer rates in hill station and go for 1200+ for a day even thught it is 30 kms . So if someone has agreed for that rate then it should work better . But in ooty you wont cover more than 60-70 Kms a day . So have to take this into consideration .Do a comparison with a break up cost including your site seeing on daily basis and your transit

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ooty and Coorg trip

Just the road trip will need 700 Kilometers, if you include tourist visits, you can plan for 900+ Kilometers. Looking at your plan, you may not use 250 Kilometers a day. See if you can go for a pure kilometer based package or something (difficult, but you can try!)

Main places to see @ Ooty: Botanical garden, lake, Thotabetta peak, Coonoor

Main places to see @ Coorg: Raja seat, Abbey falls, Cauvery nisargadama, Dubare elephant camp

3. Re: Ooty and Coorg trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 05:17