We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise on Ooty visit from 7th - 11th Sep 2014

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Advise on Ooty visit from 7th - 11th Sep 2014

Hi,

Please let me know whether it is the right time to tarvel ooty or not with family specially with a Kid?

Can I expect showers during this period?

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise on Ooty visit from 7th - 11th Sep 2014

Going by the past records, Mid / End September is the last phase of the retreating monsoon at Ooty. However, each season has thrown up its own set of surprises and is a tough call on what is in store for this September.

Assuming the rains linger a little longer, it may be a bit of an intermittent drizzle during the day - nothing like a heavy downpour to keep you indoors. Temperatures may be in the range of 20 Degrees during the day and around 12 degrees (both Celsius) at night.

Extra precautions with rain gear and woolens (for the nights) for the kids may come in handy.

Hope this helps

regards

Rajan

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advise on Ooty visit from 7th - 11th Sep 2014

Thanks mrajank for your valuable suggestions. Please suggest me if I travel during 4th - 10th Oct 2014 then the scenario will be same or is there any chances of improvement?

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advise on Ooty visit from 7th - 11th Sep 2014

While theoretically speaking, as you may have read in a zillion websites, monsoons at Ooty are only between July and September after which winter starts in October - so you should be fine.

However nature has her own ways. I remember in 2011 there were land slides at Ooty during mid October due to heavy rains. That year the monsoons were delayed. So, i do not think anyone can put a finger on the dates and tell you you will have fine weather.

From a planning perspective, October is the start of the second seasons and all off season rates and discounts end in September. That is the flip side to October.

Maybe just pick a date convenient to you and get on with it would be a practical approach to this.

regards

Rajan

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advise on Ooty visit from 7th - 11th Sep 2014

Hello Marinal..

I have gone through to your question briefly ... each season has their own specialty in Ooti So September is also good for trip in Ooti in September you will get a discount and can see the shower also the temperature may be down so you to bring your woolen cloths.. October is also good for the trip but you can skip the discount chance in September so all depends on your wish...

Good Luck

Cheers

Madurai, India
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advise on Ooty visit from 7th - 11th Sep 2014

Hello

September or October both are little wet only in all hills stations of Tamilnadu and Kerala.

But also you will get very good bargain and discount in most hotels mainly in September.

With the kid, it is preferable to go in October where like Mr.Rajan says, there is little less rain chance.

All the Best

Vikram

Mentioned in this post
Kerala
Kerala
India
6. Re: Advise on Ooty visit from 7th - 11th Sep 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ooty (Udhagamandalam)