We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace on Wheels

Bradford UK
1 post
Save Topic
Palace on Wheels

My wife and I are considering going on a nine day holiday on the train called 'Palace on Wheels', organised by a British company called Voyages Jules Verne. It starts from Delhi and visits among other places Agrah and Jaipur.

Has anybody done this trip recently? We would love to hear your views and comments particularly regarding the food - my wife cant bear hot curries etc.

Also whens the best time to visit this part of India?

New York
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Palace on Wheels

Bottom line, if you're looking to see the major sites of North India in a timely manner and without roasting in the heat or struggling with tricky transfers, this is the best. Travel to India is nothing like travel elsewhere; it's not so easy to go it alone without help from a tour, especially if you are non-Indian (though even Indians have their fair share of hassles!). Palace on Wheels is the only way to see all of these sites so quickly, bottom line. And though the accommodations are nice, it is a train, after all. By train standards, it is certainly 5 star, but that doesn't mean it's a hotel on wheels...cabins can only be so big! In general I think if you aren't open-minded a trip to India, no matter how you do it, is probably not for you. If, however, you are more interested in the experiences along the way, this is the best deal time, comfort, and money-wise. I love the POW as I have traveled India by other modes, and this was certainly the best.

22. Re: Palace on Wheels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:16