We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

I have one day in Agra and want to see TM, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri if possible.

I have accommodation in Agra both nights either side so early start and no long journey back to Delhi late at night.

What is the best programme to fit all 3 in?

Best way to get to Fatehpur Sikri and back?

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

The Fontana di Trevi probably falls into the same category,..

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,431 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

These kind of things are there in a lot of religious places, all over the world. If you are agreeing to do a religious custom, there is probably money involved at some point.

Whether you want to pay, depends on your beliefs. If you believe it will do you good, pay the money and forget the rest. Someone or the other will get it, thats for sure. But its your belief that you are giving it to God that matters.

If you don't want to, the money is in your pocket, don't pay. But why do it and complain ?

Emeryville, CA
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

Deepa on an earlier post suggested a route of:

Day 1 - Delhi - Agra Fort - dinner at Agra hotel

Day 2 - Taj dawn, breakfast at hotel, check out, Fatehpur Sikri, back to Delhi

I'm wondering if it is possible to do:

Day 1: Delhi (2pm) - Agra Fort - Dinner at Agra hotel

Day 2: Agra (7:30) - Fatehpur Sikri (8:30am) - Stay there for 2 hours - return to Agra (10:30) - rest + lunch - Taj (12:30pm) - Airport (3:00pm) - Fly to Jaipur (5:00pm)

Has anyone done this before? I'll need a driver, of course..:)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

You haven't factored in the traffic here! You will be so stressed if you try to keep to this timetable.

Emeryville, CA
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

Well...for the 2nd day, I added in about 2 hours as consideration to traffic. Is traffic really that bad, even at Agra?

The first day I thought should be okay, considering we have 5 hours to get from Delhi to Agra. Is even that too aggressive?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

I don't think this is a sensible itinerary.

YOUR PROPOSED ITINERARY:

Day 1: Delhi (2pm) - Agra Fort - Dinner at Agra hotel

MY COMMENT: If you leave Delhi at 2 pm, you will be at Agra Fort at 6:00 earliest, which won't give you too much time to see the fort...but it can be done.

Day 2: Agra (7:30) - Fatehpur Sikri (8:30am) - Stay there for 2 hours - return to Agra (10:30) - rest + lunch - Taj (12:30pm) - Airport (3:00pm) - Fly to Jaipur (5:00pm)

MY COMMENT: From Agra to Delhi Airport, please budget 4-5 hours. Actually, it is silly to do this because you could spend the same hours driving TO Jaipur.

Also Fatehpur Sikri is on the way to Jaipur, so you are, in effect, simply adding 2 hours of driving to and fro for no benefit.

Emeryville, CA
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

Oh, by airport I don't mean the Delhi airport, I meant the Agra airport. Kingfisher airlines has a flight to Jaipur at 5:00pm.

I was thinking about having a car going to Jaipur, but I read somewhere on the forum that the highway to Jaipur is not so great to do at night, and that'd mean spending 6 hours in a car.

So if I'm flying from Agra -> Jaipur, is the itinerary still not feasible?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

Please check what time FS opens. If it is dawn, like the Taj, then you're ok. Are you not better off doing the Taj at dawn, then breakfast, checkout, Fatehpur Sikri, then lunch and airport?

Emeryville, CA
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

According to the Unesco website, FS also opens at dawn, just like Taj. I put Taj down for afternoon is because cfm99 mentioned that view of the Taj is murky in winter mornings because of the smog. Since I was planning to fly out of Agra anyway, it seems to be a reasonable arrangement. However, if I'd be doing Agra - Jaipur out of a car, Deepa's suggestion definitely sounds more logical.:)

20. Re: Agra to Fatehpur Sikri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 01:19