We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taj Mahal opening hours

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Taj Mahal opening hours

I am aware that the Taj Mahal is open from sunrise to sunset. However, in order to plan my time efficiently, I would need to know when exactly it gets dark in Agra im July. Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

I don't know exactly.... but it's a lot closer to the equator than Poland, so the difference between the daylight hours in summer and winter isn't as great as you're used to. Plan around 6 p.m., until one of the India experts can give a more exact answer.

My reason for answering was simply to mention what I'm sure you already know (but it's worth saying again, because every so often you hear of people who didn't know this, and then howl with indisnation when they're "caught out"): The aj is closed Fridays.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

Today sunrise was at0535 and sunset 1919. So in middle of july sun set will be around 1845 app. and sun rise app. 0600. So timings for a particular day you can ask when you are here.

deepak

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

Also please note that the entry into the builing is stopped 30 mins before the Sunset....so keep that in mind too....

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

Thanks for the informative replies. Sunset is indeed much earlier as I am used to in summer time.

agra india
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

Dear FrequentTravellar22,

I rechecked sun rise and sunset time at Agra and those are as follows for few days.This will help youto plan.

1st July S/RISE 0527 & S/SET 1917

15th July 0533 & 1915

31st July 0541 & 1907

Ticket window at Taj opens 10 mts. before S/RISE and is closed 30 mts. before Sun set AND TAJ IS CLOSED ON FRIDAY.

deepak

Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

Hi Deepak,

unfortunately our only morning in Agra is a Friday, we had planned to go to the Taj for sunrise, but as it won't be open, are they are other places where we could get a good few of the sunrise over the taj?

Many thanks

Jezzca

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

You can go to "Mehtab Bagh" which is also called the moonlight garden.....it is across the yamuna river and you can get some great shots of the Taj Mahal from there....also it gives you completely different prospective of the the building.....

Sunil

Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

Thank you Sunil- soudns great!

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

Or you may watch from the rooftops of hotels nearby, like Sheela and many others.

agra india
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taj Mahal opening hours

HiJezzca,

when you are travelling to agra and not seeing the taj is really very disappointing. To see the taj from from other side of the river is no subsitute of you going in to the monument so that you can see, touch and feel it. Please make little change in your programme and see that you are here a day before or after.Taj mahal is one of the most beautifull building in the world.

deepak