We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

I have not been able to find any flights from Mumbai to Agra. Can you tell me if there are any?

Thanks!

Aussie
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

I am wondering this myself....did you manage to get an answer to this question Dutsten?

wales united kingdom
Level Contributor
250 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

When we travelled in October there were no flights to Agra i don,t think it is a domestic airport. However you can fly to Jaipur from Mumbai then train approx 5 hours or to Delhi. the fastest train from Delhi is about 3 hours .

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

There is a Airport at Agra but as of date no flights are being operated for various reasons. Two years back even AirDeccan operated for few months and pulled back later, i guess there was not sufficient flow and financially viable on this route.

Delhi
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

Hi, you can fly to Delhi and take Cab or Train to visit Taj Mahal. For various option for train journey, our expert Mr. Ratana Prasad can advice you.

Good Luck!

USA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

I am interested in visiting Agra,from Mumbai..I will be on a business trip so my time is limited, Please tell me if there is a feasible way to get to agra in a short period of time....thank you

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

As mentioned earlier, the fastest way is to take a flight from Mumbai to Delhi and then hire a car to Agra.....Agra is about 4 hrs away from Delhi.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

Kingfisher flew this sector last year, but this year it looks like there are no flights.

If you are here in Mumbai on work, then in order to see the Taj Mahal, all you need to do is add a weekend at the end of a typical Monday-Friday working trip.

Friday evening: Fly Mumbai-Delhi (flights every hour)

Saturday: Day trip to Agra

Sunday: Delhi sightseeing, fly out international OR fly back to Mumbai for connecting international flight

Another way to do it is to fly into Delhi and out of Mumbai.

USA
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

Dear Deepa,

Thank you for your advice...my business trip starts from Newark on Sun. jun 28 and arrives back in Newark jul 3rd...so I don't have much time there do u think it is feaasible to get to agra from mumbai and back to mumbai in one day..Would I still have time to see a little of Delhi. I do appreciate your time ....thank you...Barbara

p.s if decide to stay the night in Delhi ...is there a hotel you wud reccommend....thanks again

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

The closest airport to Agra is Delhi. It is 5 hours by road, and about 3.5 hours by train (including local travel to train station). So the best you can do is stay overnight in Delhi and the next morning do a day trip from Delhi.

If you want to do this trip in 2 days, then you could do it like this:

Day 1: Evening flight Mumbai to Delhi, overnight Delhi (what's your budget? there are all sorts of hotels, from basic to luxury)

Day 2: Leave Delhi hotel at 5:30 a.m., take the 6:15 a.m. Express train to Agra, arriving at 8:15 a.m. See the Taj Mahal, leave Agra at noon for the drive back to Delhi airport. Take the 7 pm flight back to Mumbai. Arrive at about 10:30 p.m. at your Mumbai hotel.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights from Mumbai to Agra?

Dear Barbara

You have one more option if you can spend a night in Agra then fly to Jaipur from Mumbai and back to Mumbai from Jaipur; just hire a car and driver in advance for Jaipur – Agra – Jaipur

Flight schedule will be as below

Flight Spice Jet SG-344 Mumbai (12:30) – Jaipur (14:15) and direct drive for Agra, arrive at evening and sleep, next day sunrise explore the Taj and drive back for Jaipur, board in flight for Mumbai from Jaipur (SG-343, 13:50 to 15:40), recently I have been Agra under this schedule with my friends and they came from Mumbai as above schedule……. Have a wonderful trip to Taj