We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

St-lambert
Level Contributor
910 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

Hello

Can anyone assist me please

Merci

Sylvain

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

Below is the address of Association -

Approved Guide Association

46, Bamsal Nagar, Fatehabad Road, Agra

Phone : +91 - 562 - 2330074, 3096256

Fax :+91 - 562 - 2510010

deepak

St-lambert
Level Contributor
910 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

Hello

Thank you for the info, since I am from Canada, is their any email as weel ot avoid doing a long distance call.

Merci

Sylvain

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

I will look for their Email and will give.If you want i can arrange one for you.

depak

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

This is only my personal opinion but I don't think you need a guide for the Taj Mahal. We hired an autorickshaw from outside the Sheraton who took us around all the sites in Agra for 200rps.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

I have mixed opinion rather...its true that booking a guide in advance is not necessary since the moment you enter the city you will come across a lot of them. Yet it is best way to avoid the touts in the city. It'll be both safe and educative apart from being impressive.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

The opinion of different people on the guides actually depends on the quality of guides they have come across....I do not blame people for going without guides because often tourists come across touts who say they are guides and the impression on the mind is that of a tout......let me tell people you will not find guides roaming in the city....those are touts and not guides.....approved guides you can actually only book through Travel agents....Tourist offices or if you know a guide directly......you will not find them on the road offering you their services......

I read someone writing on this forum " I personally know guides who have floored me with their storytelling, knowledge and passion. I have had tears in my eyes and goosebumps listening to some of them tell me the history of a place. The very stones seemed to come alive." which shows that guides are not just merely storytellers and can't be compared to guidebooks.....and when I read someone saying...'don't pay them too much".....I would like to let my dear friends know that you get paid for the kind and quality of services you offer.......you cannot treat every guide the same.....there are guides who will show you around Agra for even free if you agree to visit 4 shops with him and I know guides who charge as much as U.S.$ 100 per day.........they are people who are encyclopedias of history and culture and religion and have great knowledge of every topic you talk to them about.....I am in the same profession and would highly object when someone says you can use the guidebook instead of a guide.....no, a guide book can only tell you about the fact and history...there are a lot of questions which my arise in you mind on reading the guide book....it's difficult to find answers of all of them in one guidebook.....that is why the concept of Local guides came into existence......I am so amazed and unhappy about the fact that how and why do people that so negatively about things which they don't know enough about....

Sunil

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

The email address of the Agra Tourist guide association is

agraapprovedguides@hotmail.com

Happy Traveling.....

Sunil

norway
Level Contributor
382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

I highly recommend you contact this guide

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297683-i1206-k190…

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

On my recent trip to Agra, I had the privilege of being guided by Mr. Deepak, who is the Agra Destination Expert (deepakAgraIndia) also...

I specially liked the early morning visit to Mehtab Bagh, the Silhouette of Taj shrouded in morning mist was magical......

He superbly shown me Itmad-Ud-Daulah's Tomb, Ram Bagh, Chini Ka rauza and Sikandra also...

All in all a very nice experience......

10. Re: How to book a government approuve guide for Taj Mahal ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2010, 06:16