We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting sights in Agra in a day

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting sights in Agra in a day

Can I see the Taj (at the openening i.e 6 a.m in the morning), Agra Fort, Itmad-ud-Daulah and Fatehpur Sikri in a day, before boarding the Train to Jaipur leaving Agra @ 5.35 p.m ?

I will be using a car with a driver to visit these sites during th day.

Thanks.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,057 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting sights in Agra in a day

Tajmahal opens 10 Mts. before sunrise.So check the timings when you are here.Today it opened at 0530 AM but in winter it will be late.

After Taj you can go to Fatehpur Sikri and back to Agra. It is possible to do Agra fort but see if you have enough time to do other places.Though it is enough time to visit these places but some time there are delays which are not in control.

deepak

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting sights in Agra in a day

Firstly, to what you are planning you have to arrive in Agra the previous night, secondly a lot depends on what time of the year you are traveling to Agra....

December January are really foggy, sunrise is later than summers, o you have lesser time in the day....

Below is an approximate idea of how much time you wold require at each places

Taj Mahal - 2 Hrs.

Agra Fort - 1 Hr.

Fatehpursikri - 3 Hrs. in all (including driving to and back)

Itmad-ud-daulah - about 3- 40 mins (Exculding the driving time)

below is a suggested plan

start early morning visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise, return to hotel have breakfast (you should be able to finish this by 9:30 A.M. easily.)

9:30 A.M. visit the Agra fort, finish by 10:45 A.M.

10:45 A.M. visit Itmad-up-daulah, it will take about 25-30 minutes to drive from Agra fort to Itmad-ud-daulah, finish the sightseeing here by noon

lunch

after lunch start your drive to Fatehpursikri say at around 1:30

you should be able to see Fatehpursikri and return by 4:45 which leave you with about an to getready to take your train to Jaipur.

Happy Traveling

Sunil

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting sights in Agra in a day

Thanks both of you,

I will be arriving in Agra the previous evening and spending the night in Agra. I am planning to visit in mid March 2011.

I was thinking about leaving to Fatehpur Sikri after visiting the Taj Mahal. The reason being that, because this is a longer journey and out of town, in the event there is an unexptected delay, then I can either cut short my visits to the Agra Fort and Itmad-ud-Daulah or bad comes to worse, drop the visit to Itmad-ud-Daulah completely.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,057 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting sights in Agra in a day

Yes, bhageer that is what i mentioned in my post.

You are on right path.March is good time to visit.

Happy travelling,

deepak

Edited: 22 July 2010, 06:54
Agra, India
Level Contributor
800 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting sights in Agra in a day

Dear bhageer,

i i am not getting this point why you are dropping the idea of visit Baby taj.if you start at 6.00 am for Taj mahal you will finish this by 8.00 am maximum, take one hour for your breakfast and start again for agra fort , this fort you will finish in one hour and from there itmad udula (baby Taj) is near . hardly 20 mins to reach to baby taj with recently constructed bridge and finish all those things by your lunch time say about 1.00pm one hour for lunch is i think enough. at 2 pm start for fatehpur sikri one hour to go one hour to visit and one hour to back by 5.00pm you will be in your hotel agian ,keep full evening for shopping or for coffee shop (coasta coffee) or rest. we have nice mall in agra called big bazar ir TDI pacific mall whrere the Mcdonald is.remember taj is closed on friday..

with best regards

Raja

6. Re: Visiting sights in Agra in a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 06:20