We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour guide in Agra

Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
Save Topic
Tour guide in Agra

I will be in Agra for a 24 hour period (12 to 12). I am planning on visiting as many of Agra's wonderful attractions as possible. I am looking to set-up a tour guide for myself for the afternoon of my arrival. Any suggestions on one/one tour guide companies/services? Also, is it easy to get safe transportation from the airport to hotel or should i set up a private transfer? Thanks for any suggestions!!

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Taj Day Package Private Day Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Taj Trails Private Day Tours
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Northern India Travels - Private Day Tours
City Tours, Shopping Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour guide in Agra

You can send a PM to DeepakAgra or Sunil Gupta, who post in the forum. They are both highly recommended tour guides and will surely be able to help you out.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,159 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour guide in Agra

You may contact www.travelbureauagra.com

They will arrange for the guide and transport for you, they are reliable.

Edited: 10 November 2010, 06:47
Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour guide in Agra

I used Sunil Gupta last year and he was good. I also used travelbureau to arrange guides for me in Madhya Pradesh this year and most of them were excellent.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour guide in Agra

Agra is a wonderful city....the ancient capitals of the Mughals and greats sights to explore...

1.) The world Famous Taj Mahal

2.) Agra Fort....A beautiful fortress which is one of the biggest and most elaborate in Northern India....

3.) Itmad-ud-Daulah....Famous as the Baby Taj (It is said that the inspiration of the Taj Mahal was taken from this building)

4.) Fatehpur Sikri....the deserted capital of the mughal king Akbar....(About 35 KMS from Agra

5.) Sikandra....Tomb of the mughal emperor Akbar....

In Agra you can book a Taxi which can meet you at the airport, I prefer prebooked arrangement than hunting on the spot.

Happy Traveling.....

Sunil

Happy Travelling

Sunil

Mentioned in this post
Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal
26,176 Reviews
Agra, India
Agra Fort
Agra Fort
9,910 Reviews
Agra, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
West Hollywood...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour guide in Agra

contact A Touch of Class Tours....website www.atoctours.com they can get a driver for customize tour of Agra...they can even arrange for transfers.. I used the company for my own personal trip to India.....Excellent

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Bangalore
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour guide in Agra

Is there any contact details for Mr. Sunil Gupta?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour guide in Agra

He posted just 2 posts above you. Click on his name/profile and send him a private message.

8. Re: Tour guide in Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 11:35
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour guide in Agra

Dear shujat please do not promote your services. Self promotion is not allowed on TA.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour guide in Agra

ok sir