We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

I just got back from India a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure how I'm able to write a review on an individual, but I'll use this forum as a way to do that. Ameen is an extremely friendly and helpful gentleman that guided us all through Agra for the day. Originally we hired him just to take us to a hotel in his auto rickshaw, we realized how helpful he was and hired him for the day. It was worth every bit of the 1000 Rs we gave him (he didn't charge us this much, but we tipped him well). He took us the the very best restaurant that we enjoyed in India - Green Park. Delicious food, especially the Tandoori. Green Park is a secluded park that's nestled behind some alleyways, but seriously looks like a park. It seemed very out of place in a great way. Ameen also took us to across the river from the Taj Mahal for another vantage point. He has my highest recommendation! His email is ameenullahaadil@hotmail.com.

Agra
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

Thx. Ameen to take care the guests in very good manner. you showed everyone that money is not everything for you but the services keeps importance . keep it up. And thx to elueders too for posting such forum to encourage others.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

I'm sure you were pleased with this gentlemen but 500 rupees with a generous tip is nearer the going rate for a full day.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
760 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

good ameen sahab , it is good to know about good guides in agra .so we can recommand them..can we have contact no, of ameen.?

Raja

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,510 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

From what I can understand of the post above, I think he's a rickshaw driver, not a guide. It's good to hear about a pleasant rickshaw experience; especially given the usually negative comments. I think that if you are happy with the service, then Rs 1000 is not a *fortune* to pay, it's high, yes, but it's a reward for a happy day, instead of a ruined day, so it is well worth it.

Regards

Deepa

5. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 10:32
6. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 10:32
Voorhout
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

Dear Ameen,

We just came back from India. Like we promised to you we will write our exceprience with you.

We are two students from the Netherlands. We arrived in Agra on the 17th of july 2011. Both we where feeling very sick. Ameen drove us to the nearest and best hospital in town, without barging about the money. We had to stay for 2 nights in the hospital but Ameen visited us different times. He picked us up from the hospital, was really helpfull and showed us all the sightseeing in Agra. Ameen is not just a rickshaw driver, but a really good guide with a lot of experiences and humor!! Ameen you became a friend and if we ever visit Agra again we will defenitily call you. We want to thank you for everything you did for us when we where in Agra and hopefully we will meet again.

Greetings Jessie & Jimmy

* We really loved the masala (cheese) dosa we ate with you together. It was the best of all we tasted! Haha.

Agra
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

Jessie & Jimmy

thanks for adding your experience in Agra with, any time chat with

on Facebook.com this is my mail address ameenullahaadil@hotmail.com

9. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

Removed on: 22 August 2011, 04:20
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
994 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amazing Personal Guide in Agra - Ameen

That's nice to hear ,we all need to follow " Atithi devo bahava"