We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rashid. Great Agra guide

Oslo, Norway
4 posts
Save Topic
Rashid. Great Agra guide

If you want a reliable guide in Agra, Rashid is your Man.

In my Easter vacation I had the pleasure to have Rashid as guide for the day.

He speaks very good English, and took good care of all our wants and needs - He even took pictures with my camera all day long.

We visited places like Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Baby Taj, mehtab bagh.

Prices for the day is about 650Rp(No ac) and about 950Rp(Ac)

So if you want a nice and reliable guide for your Agra trip I would recommend Rashid. You can contact him on:

rashid_qureshi2325@yahoo.com

Phone: +91 93-19-013399

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

What can I say but, Rashid was ammmaazzzinng!!!

My now fiance booked Rashid (as a surprise) to take us to the Taj Mahal. Rashid and his driver were waiting at the Agra train station for us with a sign marked 'Mr Taylor.' When we got to the car Rashid had two fresh flower leis for us that smelled beautiful! He dropped us off at our hotel and let us know that he would be back at our hotel at 5:50am to bring us to the Taj for the sunrise. He let us know exactly what and what not to bring to the Taj Mahal so we were prepared.

The next morning we walked out of our hotel at quarter to six in the morning and Rashid was there patiently waiting for us. We drove right up to the area where cars are allowed and walked the short distance to the west gate. While other travellers were struggling through security because they had brought some prohibited items, we glided through without a care.

At the Taj Mahal, Rashid brought us to a secluded area with the Taj Mahal as the backdrop. My then-boyfriend proposed to me there and Rashid happily took photos of the whole thing! We were so thankful that he was there. He told us the entire history of the Taj Mahal and helped us take some stunning photos! I honestly can't imagine seeing the Taj Mahal without Rashid, he made the whole experience so magical and stress-free!

I would recommend Rashid as a guide for anyone that wants to visit Agra!

Thanks so much Rashid!

Nick and Nisse, Vancouver, Canada

Chichester...
1 post
Save Reply
42. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

We came across Rashid purely by chance at Agra Railway Station on October 2nd, and what a stroke of good fortune it was. Rashid was a great guide to Agra and showed us far more of the city than we would otherwise have experienced. Rashid is not only very knowledgeable but also patient ,charming and with a good sense of humour. ( not to mention a great photographer !) Rashid made our visit to Agra and we recommend him most highly. Thank you Rashid.

sydney
Level Contributor
386 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

What can I say? I have come across more praise for Rashid and I have to say that the credentials of the posters do not seem to be improving. NickPTaylor is very quick to post this review after being in India for only a few days. Why not include the other details of your trip so far? How did the engagement at the Taj go? Where did you stay? We must also thank Lesley B for telling us about Rashid. Is that all you did on your trip to India?

I hope they are genuine! As I mentioned in an earlier post, Rashid may be a great guide but the reality is that there are many other good guides who also take great care of their clients.

I suspect the idea is to keep comments about Rashid at the top of the forum. I will have to restrain my comments in the future so that I do not assist in this.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

I agree with all the above. This man knows his stuff. is an entertaining person to talk to and does not hassle. We were in Agra on on 13th October and have recommended him twice since then.

Jim and Pauline - Stockport

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

Well, in reference to your comment, I had prearranged everything with Rashid in advance via email. While in Delhi, I saw Humayuns Tomb, then took a train down to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort ( we stayed at ITC Mughal) ( the engagement was amazing, then off to Jalgaon to see the Ajanta Caves and now in Goa. jukabl, I can give you the rest of my itinerary if it would help prove my validity......

San Rafael...
Level Contributor
137 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

I visited Agra and had the pleasure of having Rashid as my guide. He was excellent - speaking clear English and very knowledgable about Agra Fort, the Baby Taj and the Taj Mahal,

He did take me to a couple of vendors emporiums, but the pressure was light and I walked out of one buying nothing and not being guilted by the shop or Rashid.

His strongest quality is photography - being with Rashid you will return home with the most amazing photos at the best angles. His talant was so clear that fairly early in my trip I just handed him my camera and let him take the photos - some with me in others without, but all at amazing angles and perfectly taken.

So using Rashid I felt I not only got a great narrative of the story of this amazing place I also came home with a fantastic collection of photos of this amazing place.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
47. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

We had Rashid as a guide at the Taj Mahal this week. He charged us INR450. We would agree with all the comments above - he is a very good and knowledgeable guide. We did not feel rushed, he took loads of photos and we felt that he took good care of us. We were so pleased that we gave him a tip at the end. We would definitely recommend getting a guide when you visit. One of the things that we were not happy with was that we were taken to see handicrafts - carpets and marble ornaments - and then given the whole sales pitch. This was not part of the day that we enjoyed and it took up time that we wanted to use for sightseeing. You get plenty of people trying to sell you things when you visit India and it would be nice not to be forced into it on a tour that you have paid for.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
68 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

We, a family of 5, hired Rashid as he was genuinely (no fake reviews) recommended here on TA. The email conversation with him was efficient and to the point. We met on the agreed time and place. He came with a big Toyota 4x4, which was big enough to transport our family of 5. I know this is very touristic, but at least with a guide you are free of the hassle and bargaining when you are on your own.

We started in the afternoon with Baby Taj and viewing point of the Taj Mahal. He explained the necessary without going into too much detail. However, every question could be answered without hesitation.

He is also an expert in taking pictures. He knows all the good points to get nice (touristic) pictures. The next morning he was at the hotel at 05:15, and walked with us to the Taj Mahal. He took care of the entry tickets and guided us inside.

The early start is recommendable, as you are virtually alone in here. When you are lucky you’ll see the sunrise (which we didn’t see unfortunately). Also here Rashid doesn’t bore you with details, but gives you the good to know info. The same in Agra Fort, where we went, after a rest in the hotel, afterwards.

The only negative point I want to mention is that he suggested to go to hotel Amar for the swimming pool, as we had some hours to spend before we were leaving by train. That hotel overcharges you for the use of their pool, and the waiters are constantly bothering you to take more drinks.

Other than that, he is recommendable!

Torino, Italia
3 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

We are an italian young couple and we spent one day with Raachid... He was so cute and professional with us...he explained everything and andwered to all my questions...also he took lots of fabulous pictures so you didn't need to asking to the others... I would recommend him for all the tourists that will go to Agra! Well, good job Raschid...Francesco and Paola

Torino, Italia
3 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Rashid. Great Agra guide

We are an italian young couple and we spent one day with Raachid... He was so cute and professional with us...he explained everything and andwered to all my questions...also he took lots of fabulous pictures so you didn't need to asking to the others... I would recommend him for all the tourists that will go to Agra! Well, good job Raschid...Francesco and Paola