We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

We scoured every possible resource to plan our dream honeymoon in India. While searching TA, we found Sunil Gupta and contacted him because he was the best reviewed and recommended guide.

Unlike others we had reached out to, he was the only one who was prompt with replies and suggestions. I knew that even with the time difference, I would always get a reply the same day. This was so refreshing because we were also in the midst of planning all the details for our destination wedding. He made booking our complex trip to India as easy as possible and for that we are very grateful.

Our trip consisted of Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur and a last minute change from Haridwar to Mumbai. We booked all the hotels and Sunil booked all the transportation, tours and guides on the ground. His planning was so meticulous and methodical that we literally didn't have to think about a thing. There was always a terrific guide and driver waiting for us at every destination.

When we arrived in Delhi, we were given a local mobile phone with Sunil's contact numbers pre-programmed so that if anything was needed he was available anytime. Having him on call felt like having our own personal concierge and made navigating India less daunting. It also made our last minute itinerary change as simple as a couple phone calls. The bulk of our luggage had gone ahead to Delhi while we were in Udaipur. It was there that we decided to reroute and go to Mumbai for 3 days. A few phone calls later, our luggage was on the road and headed for Udaipur.

The best part was all the little details, like my birthday, that were remembered. While on our honeymoon, I celebrated my birthday and met with our driver that day who gave me flowers and a lovely gift from Sunil and birthday wishes via phone. It was very special and made my day even more memorable.

India was amazing and Sunil made our trip even more magical and spectacular than we expected. All his associate guides were also top notch: funny, warm, hospitable and thoroughly informative. We loved him so much that we're already planning on returning next year for the Holi and the promised Indian wedding invite from Sunil :)

Edited: 13 September 2011, 16:54
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Very good Mr. Sunil.

deepak

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,264 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Well done!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Thank Vanessa for posting this.

Thanks Deepak and Deepa.

Sunil

MOOSE JAW
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

I second the recommendation for Sunil. He gave me a tour of the Agra Fort in the afternoon and then the Taj the next morning. The tours were great, he knows alot about these places. But more than that he was helpful - buying the ticket ahead for me so we wouldn't have to wait..handling the bargaining for postcards and then having a great conversation with the obviously smart little guy who sells them. I liked his easy going manner - he is not stuffy know-it-all guide who only tells you dates you won't remember anyway. We had far ranging conversations about the sites were were visiting but also about politics in India (corrupt), arranged marriage (can be very good), the roads in Agra (chaos) etc.. And he had lots of time - suggesting other things to see on the way - not wanting to just get on to the next person.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Great going! Well deserved.

Vivek

6. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 October 2011, 14:32
7. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 October 2011, 14:32
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

We recently returned from a trip which ended with 6 nights in India. I found Sunil Gupta through trip advisor as the most recommended guide and am so happy that I did! I told Sunil our thoughts on an itinerary and he came back with suggestions too and then was more than happy for discussion. Sunil booked everything for us, we had a driver waiting for us at Delhi Airport and in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Pushkar had fantastic english speaking guides and great accommodation. Before we left Sunil had sent through a detailed itinerary with contact numbers for everywhere we were staying and as another person siad he was at the end of his mobile when we needed him. We didn't want to take all our travel luggage with us on the India part of the trip and Sunil arranged for a driver to meet us at Delhi airport with the left luggage when we flew in on a domestic flight prior to leaving the country. We met Sunil in Agra and he is a very understanding, open man keen to have feedback as to how he can provide a service that is of an even higher standard to what he provides currently (we had no complaints!). The other thing that gave me confidence when emailing with Sunil was that he wouldn't take any deposit for the trip until we had recieved our Indian visas.I have already recommended Sunil Gupta to a friend who is going to India and will continue to refer friends to him - we had an amazing and hassle free experience.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

Dear all, thanks for reviews on Sunil. May I know how can i contact him regarding his service and charge? Thanks! stan_getz82@yahoo.com

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guide recommendation - Sunil Gupta

You can send a personal message to Sunil on TA. Here is his profile:

tripadvisor.com/members-forums/Sunil_Gupta

Vivek