We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Agra report

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Agra report

Had a superb time in Agra, arrived on the Shatabadi Express, it was two hours late due to heavy fog! didn't expect that in India!

The station was incredibly hectic with people trying to get off the train and people trying to get on, mix all this with taxi drivers trying to grab your cases and porters too and then trying to fight your way through the crowds of people on the station to get to the exit was quite an experience, but we did survive and our Taxi was waiting for us and we headed straight off to Fatephur Sikhri, packed on to buses which take you to the actual place our guide was extremely knowledgeable and kept us entertained with stories about the Mughals all afternoon, from here we had a light lunch and then went to see the Mini Taj and then onto the moonlight gardens to see the Taj Mahal from across the other side of the river, that first glimpse of the Taj has you frozen in awe, it is indescribably beautiful.

We then headed off to our hotel the Jaypee Palace, lovely hotel beautiful gardens and excellent rooms and service.

The next morning we arose to see the Taj Mahal at sunrise, but sadly the fog was back and didn't clear until the afternoons went to the red fort in the morning and the Taj Mahal in the afternoon, I could have spent a whole day just sat gazing in wonder at this beautiful wonder of the world, our guide amazed me with all different statistics about the place and then left me to wander for an hour, the next day we arose early and set off back to Delhi by taxi, our driver for the three days was superb and again very knowledgeable.

All our trip in Agra was organised by Mr Deepak Sharma and he was a real pleasure to deal with, thank you to him our guide and our driver, we will definitely be back!

David

11. Re: Trip to Agra report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 09:05
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip to Agra report

Hi-

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Arun

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trip to Agra report

Our visit to India in 2012 was the most memorable holiday we have ever taken. We visited Agra and Mumbai. We arranged travel, hotels and tours ourselves from home, choosing the sites we wished to visit and the festivals we wished to observe. Our guide, Izhar Ahmed, was very professional , knowledgeable and caring. Through his narrative, we came away with a great insight into the history of the Taj Mahal, the Agra Fort and Fatephur Sikri and gained a greater understanding of the local culture. We were also taken to craft shops where we bought a carpet and a beautiful marble coffee table, both produced in local village industries. Our journey on to Mumbai showed us a different but equally interesting face of India - a thriving bustling and noisy city with exciting festivals and vibrant costumes. Of the two, I preferred the beauty and tranquillity of Agra.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Trip to Agra report

Hi-

I know him personally. He is very honest and gantle person. He speaks 3 languages Japanese, German and English

Arun

agra
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Trip to Agra report

Izhar Ahmed is an experienced and knowledgeable guide in Agra.

He speaks Japanese also.

Keep it up Sir.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Trip to Agra report

I am wishing to visit Agra on approx 23rd January 2014 - pls can u advise my best option of transportation to Agra from Kolkata :)

I am part of a volunteer group but wish to visit the Taj:)

Thank you

Nici :)

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Trip to Agra report

there is two options by train or by flight.

train come to Varanasi and then to Agra.

but flights are come to Delhi and then by road or by train, you can visit Agra.

Thx

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Trip to Agra report

Thanks for sharing your valuable experience with us.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Trip to Agra report

Hi-

You are volunteer and I can understand your problems. To reach Agra from Kolkata train is better but it takes about 28 hours to reach Agra

Arun + Meghana

20. Re: Trip to Agra report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:16