We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Just returned home after a stunning trip to Agra. Sadly we were only there for a day but made the most of it mainly due to the excellent services of Deepak Sharma. During a two week holiday in Goa we made a dash for Agra for the weekend of the 4th December.

We called upon him at very short notice, and were lucky enough to secure his assistance for a day. Knowledgeable and humorous, his courteous guidance on a whistle stop tour was great fun.

He collected us promptly at dawn from our hotel and took us to the Taj Mahal, carefully setting the context of the area before we entered. If you have not been before, your first sight of the Taj Mahal is absolutely stunning - and to be honest we appreciated all the more for the detailed descriptions and history which Deepak provided.

He then took us around the sites of Agra, including the Red Fort, Baby Taj, and finally the lonely and atmospheric British Cemetery within the Military Cantonment. We finally had a superb meal in the relaxing surroundings of the Riao Restaraunt before Deepak took us to our train.

Thank you Deepak, you helped make a fabulous day extremely special.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Goa
Goa
India
Taj Day Package Private Day Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Taj Trails Private Day Tours
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Northern India Travels - Private Day Tours
City Tours, Shopping Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Hi annibear,

4-6 weeks are enough for the places you mentioned.

For Delhi> Shimla> Delhi trip you need 3 nights.

For Golden triangle and Varanasi for river Ganges you need minimum 6-7 nights. Trip route can be Delhi> Varanasi> Agra> Jaipur> Delhi.

From Delhi you can fly to Kochi in Kerala and for better ideas you can look at Kerala Forums.

deepak

Mentioned in this post
Shimla
Shimla
Shimla District, India
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Kerala, India
Kerala
Kerala
India
12. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 01:59
Staffs
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Spent a wonderfull day with Deepak a very knowledgeable gentleman and he,s truly is a very nice man. He,s been doing the Taj tours for over 20 years and knows it like the back of his hand. He was waiting for us right out side of our carrage door as we disembarked from the train in Agra and looked after us for the whole day right up to the moment we boarded our train back to New Delhi. We didn,t have to join ques for anything he had it all sorted

Should you read this post Deepak Thank you for giving us a day that we will never forget

Alan.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
New Delhi
New Delhi
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
lichfield
Level Contributor
27 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Hi Deepak,I will be in Agra 7th/8th/9th april.If you are free I would like you to show me around Agra and area.Thanks,Julie

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

We have recently returned from a holiday in Delhi,Agra ,Juipur,Jodhpur,andVarranasi , I arranged some of the guides through Deepak. I would recommend him to organise the guide in Agra and Juipur.Both the guides he arranged for us were excellent.

The guide in Agra was really good a photography and helped me with my photos of the Taj Mahal,the guide in Juipur was excellent and very professional.

If going back to India I would contact Deepak again as his arrangements on what to see and the time table he arranged worked out really well.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

another vote for excellent service of deepak sharma, i thanks him for his contribution to TA

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Dear DEEPAK,

We planned to visit Agra for one day tour from Delhi on 21st july-2012.

Can you make arrangement for one day tour? If you are free I would like you to show us whole Agra. & please can u provide me your contact me number and email id.

thanks

latha. dubai

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Hi latha, tour you planned is possible. To know about my Email ID you can look at following links.

www.tripadvisor.in/members/deepakAgraIndia

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297683-i1206-k4788…

deepak

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

tHANKS DEEPAK,

We made a plan to reach delhi on 6th july from dubai. & planning to visit agra on 7th july.

we will reach agra at around 8.30am by Bhopal shatabdi express.

so how can we contact you & meet you there to continue our day trip.

can you please breifly expplain me about the day trip that covers what all places & about all the trip details.

thanking you.

Mentioned in this post
Bhopal
Bhopal
Bhopal District, India
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

I just returned from a short 2 day trip to Agra with and wanted to say thank you to Deepak! He helped us arrange a driver from Delhi to Agra who was very nice and professional. We then meet Deepak in Agra and he spent the day showing us around. He was fantastic! He was very helpful, nice and funny. And like mentioned in the post earlier, an excellent photographer. He had a perfect plan for us on such a short trip. We saw everything we wanted to see and weren't rushed and he was very informed on all the sites and could answer all of our questions. Overall a fantastic trip thanks to Deepak! I would highly reccomned contacting him for any trip!

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India