We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

Toronto
Level Contributor
382 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

If I took a train that arrives New delhi around 2pm, would this allow me enough time to make a domestic flight where I need to check luggae (assume I want to be there by 430PM FOR A 620PM flight).

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

About an hour is good enough for reaching the airport if you are taking a cab. So it leaves you with enough time. But please remember that the trains can get delayed specially the long haul ones. A bus from Agra might be a safer option.

Toronto
Level Contributor
382 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

OK good idea

do you know is there a bus directly to Delhi airport from Agra without going into Delhi the city part?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,074 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

There is no bus service from Agra to Delhi airport.

Bus will drop you at Sarai Kale khan bus stand close to Hazarat Nizamuddin railway station. Bus may take upto 5-6hrs. to reach Delhi.

You can avail earlier trains leaving in the morning from Agra. Agra- New Delhi intercity exp. is good option. From New Delhi rly. station you can take Metro Airport Exp.

deepak

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

A 2pm arrival time will be more than enough time to catch a 6.20pm flight.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
457 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

Absolutely not because u can touch nizamuddin railway station at delhi by 5 or 530pm . after it takes at least one hours to reach to the air port by road . At least u need to report one hour before actual flight time . Why do u take risk hire car from agra n it will drop u straight to the airport.

Toronto
Level Contributor
382 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

no worries. I will either take a train that goes to nw delhi stn so I can take airport express metro from there (if my plane leaves from international as I am still not sure what airline Inwill use)

or I will just take car from agra direct to airport which when all is said and done is probably no longer than train/metro. I think I am safe either ay in allowing about 5 hours plus for the trip, plus 1 hr be at airport ahead.

So allowing 6.5 to 7 hrs total should be fine- right?

If so, can I see the Taj at sunrise then do Taj, leave by 11am in car for airport to make 620pm domestic flight- (with luggage that needs to be checked) I think that is fine- what do you think, and is that enough time. I will have been in Agra the day before so will have done Agra fort etc It is a Friday so that is my problem.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,074 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

Taj opens for visitors around 0630Am nowadays. Takes 2hrs. maximum to visit so you have enough time to go by train leaving around 10 am or if travelling by car then definitely no worries.

deepak

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

Take a Cab at 11:30 AM last .. and reach Airport by 4:00 PM

Ask him to take via Delhi only ie Badarpur Briidge , Nehru Place and Outer Ring Road , no need to take any other route

9. Re: what time to leave agra for 620pm flight delhi term 1D

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:42