We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposal at the Taj Mahal

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Proposal at the Taj Mahal

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend at The Taj Mahal in October, I'd love to do it at the famous Bench and have a worker film it or even a fellow tourist. I am trying to do something special, so what I was planning on was writing a note in English explaining that I'd like the person to pretend to take a picture of us at the bench, but to actually record the proposal. I wonder if anyone else had any other ideas on how to make a Taj proposal special? What is the best time to go during the day? When will be least busiest? I am planning on booking us into the Radisson Hotel Agra after the proposal.

Anyone with any helpful ideas would be much appreciated, as we are in Australia now and it's hard to plan from way over here.

Regards,

Nick

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proposal at the Taj Mahal

I think you would find another post where it was suggested that you use the Mahtab Garden opposite the river and overlooking the Taj and celebrate at The Amar Vilas Hotel's bar also over looking the Taj

Edited: 12 September 2012, 02:45
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Proposal at the Taj Mahal

Mr NIck it is a great idea to propose her at the Taj Mahal.The tourist season begins in October so it gets busy.Plan your visit at dawn.Buy the tickets a day before so that u can go straight to Taj from parking.Hotel Radisson is quite close to Taj.

Every Friday Taj is closed for public /Tourist.

You can pick a well decorated horse driven carriage from hotel to Taj Mahal that would be special for that occasion.

Later on during the day u can visit other sites of Agra like Agra Fort,Baby Taj.

Sun set is suggested to be done from Mehtabh Bagh a garden across the river/Taj Mahal.

Good Luck

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

Agra, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Proposal at the Taj Mahal

Hello Nick,

It is indeed a cute way of proposing your girlfriend at Taj Mahal, October seems to be very fine since the weather should be pleasant not too cold neither hot. As Rashid suggested, you may go for a well Decorated Horse driven carriage to Taj Mahal and the best time to visit Taj would be at Sunrise as there would be less crowd and a spectacular view. Also there is one more place, called Taj Khema, it is so close to Taj Mahal and you can have a lovely view of Taj while enjoying your tea/snacks.

Regards

Summit

4. Re: Proposal at the Taj Mahal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:21