We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fatehphur sikri

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
294 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
fatehphur sikri

Which is the main entrance into fatehpur sikri? Is it through The Buland Darwaza entrance? I have read there are many touts around here and want to know as much as I can before visiting. I just have a few questions and things I want confirmed. Car Parking 250inr? Our driver is/is not allowed to drive us to entrance or do we get the bus up from carpark? Where do you buy the entry ticket? Is it near Buland Darwaza? How much? Anything else anyone can think of? thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
651 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fatehphur sikri

Yes you get a bus to the car park

Yes touts are relentless

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fatehphur sikri

Yeah there are actually a lot of touts out there but if you will be careful it will be fine. Careful while using rest room as well , as sometimes they ask much more then usual. You will get a bus and of course i guess your driver will tell you where to get that from.. there are many ask if you want guide as well and again they charge a lot too. Its my personal experience but it is beautiful and even though they ask more money they talk very nicely. Good luck

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,827 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: fatehphur sikri

There is a city wall.You can go with driver/car inside the parking(parking is inside the city wall)After a little walk,there are Gas (CNG) Govt. Buses transferring tourist to and fro to the palace charging Rs 5/- per person one way. Buses runs in 2 different directions 1-Diwan e am(Public Audience) 2-Jodha Bai's Palace...better to go at Public Audience.

Car Parking for Car is Rs 60/- Entrance ticket to the palace is Rs 250 0r 260 per person can be bought at palace.

No doubt there are many touts ,Hawkers,beggars and unapproved Guides...better to avoid/ignore them.

Buland Darwaza is spectacular ..it is in religious section of Sikri.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

Agra, Uttar...
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fatehphur sikri

Hi,

The entire city of Fatehpur Sikri is surrounded by a fortification wall. People coming from either Jaipur or Agra enter into the town through Agra Gate. After covering a short distance there is a Car Parking & charges as told by Mr. Rashid is Rs 60/- per car. You will have to walk to Bus station from this car parking operating shuttle bus service upto two gates of the palace (Deewan-e-aam & Jodha bai). You have to pay Rs 5/- per person one way to reach any of these two gates. For your convinience you can catch a bus going to Dewan-e-aam & get into palace & come out through Jodha bai gate.

Very near to jodha bai gate you will see Buland darwaza & tomb of Sheikh Salim Chisti, a very beautiful place but as told by most of our friends here be careful with the hawkers & touts. After visiting Buland darwaza come back to jodha bai gate to catch a bus back to your car park.

Entry ticket to Palace (you can buy them from both gates of palace i.e. Deewan-e-aam & Jodha bai) is Rs 250 per person if you are visiting same day of TajMahal visit, carry TajMahal tickets with yourself. If in case you don't have TajMahal Tickets or not visiting on same day of TajMahal visit then you have to Pay rs 260/- per person. Entrance to Buland darwaza/tomb of Sheikh Salim Chisti is Free.

Regards

Arif

More Miles, More Smiles..

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,728 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fatehphur sikri

There are two sections in Fatehpur sikri. One is palaces area where you have to pay entrances another is religious part where the Mosque, buland darwaza and tomb of saint is. This section is free.

Touts will be after you as you come out of the car at parking golden rule is keep quite keep moving as if you don,t understand their language. They will leave you. But they are clever. One may say you look very smart and your shirt suits on you another may say do you know Ricky Ponting ....... :) :)

Every other thing is explained beautifully by Arif and Rashid ji.

deepak

Edited: 25 June 2013, 14:26
Melbourne
Level Contributor
294 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fatehphur sikri

thanks very much for the great detailed information.

agra
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fatehphur sikri

Indian government should post army there to get rid of touts..ly

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fatehphur sikri

Save yourself the headache and get a guide through whichever travel agent is arranging your transport. If you are already "taken", no one will harass you.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 15:39
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: fatehphur sikri

Hi

to get rid of all the hassles its better to take a guided tour of Fatehpur Sikri. As driver's are allowed only upto the parking so you can ask your agent to arrange a guided tour for you.

Regards,

Arun

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fatehphur sikri

I agree we got a guide which we had pre arranged and it was the best option.