We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting agra from bangalore

Riyadh, Ar Riyad...
1 post
Save Topic
visiting agra from bangalore

i am actually flying from abroad just to visit taj ( both at sunrise and sunset) by sep 2013 first week kindly suggest me the sunrise and sunset timings and some standard place to stay prefer near by taj or do not mind travelling by horse cart few kilometers.and i wud also like to travel to fateh pur sikri.and above all else the climate nd whether in sep 2013.i heard there are floors or heavy rains by then i am not sure kindly guide i am travelling with a 2 year old.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting agra from bangalore

It may rain when you are here but will not last long is never for hours continuously. Viewing of Taj at sunrise or sunset depends upon the clear sky but believe me Taj is beautiful any time of the day and year. You can stay somewhere on Fatehabad road where many hotels of different categories are.It will take maximum 10-15 mts. from any hotel to reach Taj by cab. You can leave from hotel at 0520 AM to make sure that you are at gate before they open and are first few to enter the Taj. If possible can purchase entrances a day before.

For sunset can plan to go to other side of the river and sunset view is good from Mehtab Bagh.

deepak

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting agra from bangalore

No doubt it rains in Sept but it is a last month of Monsoon so no trouble...have some precaution.As far as the hotels are concerned there are many on the Fatehabad Road and few close to Taj Mahal---Taj Resort,The Radisson Blu,Oberoi Amar vilas and the Trident.From any hotel to parking by car.From parking to Taj Mahal you can take any type of transportation to Taj like a Camel Ride,Horse driven carriage,Golf Cart and Electric Bus.

Sunrise and Sunset time for the first 10 days of Sept----

1/9/13----5:57 10/9/13----6:01(S/R)

1/9/13----18:38 10/9/13----18:28(S/S)

Taj Mahal is beautiful throughout the day.If i were in your place i prefer Sunset due to 2 year old baby.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting agra from bangalore

Greeting of the day!!!!!!!

About rain it depends on luck , if weather is clear you see both sunrise and sunset,

About rain it depends on luck, you visit both sunrise and sunset .Its your choice sunset you visit Taj from inside or from Mehtab Bag but sunrise you must visit Taj from inside. If weather is cloudy then also you visit because after sunrise it becomes very hot and to stay near the Taj the best Hotel is Amar Vilas.You can see Taj from your room and lobby also. You can buy Taj ticket from the Hotel and you will get free of cost Golf Cart to drop at Taj and to bring back to the Hotel.

F/Sikri it depends on your tour program because its on the way to Jaipur.If you will do from Agra it will take about four hour .

Regards

Arun

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting agra from bangalore

Dear sir, as you asked about the taj tour , so first week of september is the best time , not much rain . this is a good time . as you wrote that you are having a two year old child so nothing to worry , we can arrange the standard hotel near taj mahal not even a 1 km, neat and clean .moreover agra is not a big city .

we have all kind of hotels and we are known as for perfect tour planner . you can contact us on mobile or

E mail:- coxqueen.kumar@gmail.com . if you want you can see our reviews on trip adviser then you will know that what sort of service we provide .

you faithfully .

dinesh kumar .9897067233 .

Agra, India
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting agra from bangalore

I suggest you this is the best tome to visit Tajmahl,it might be rain depend upon waether.

As per as Hotel concerened there are so many Hotels near Tajmahal like Hotel Taj resort,Hotel Pushvilla,Hotel Retreat,Hotel crystal inn,Hotel Taj plaza and Hotel Amar villas etc.

You can see Tajmahal at sunset from Mehtab bag due to 2 year old baby with u.

You can enjoy camel cart,Horse cart and battery car ride from shilp gram parking.

in the evening,you can enjoy light and sound show at Agra fort.

6. Re: visiting agra from bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:16